You have never heard of Thai-style pasta before? Well, me too :)! The only thing Thai about this pasta is the Thai chili paste that I use. The rest of the ingredients is quite typical Italian.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200 g pasta, boiled until al dente
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 100 g prawns
- 150 ml cream
- 2 tbs Thai chili paste with soy bean oil*
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tbs Maggi vegetable granules
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 150 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- Black pepper to taste
*This is the Thai chili paste I use. If you cannot find this paste, be creative and find a different type of Asian chili paste and create your own East-West pasta combo.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and prawns. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add Thai chili paste, cream, Maggi granules, sugar and chopped hard-boiled eggs. Stir and then let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Toss in the pasta, Parmesan cheese, black pepper and dried oregano. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately and garnish with some cherry tomatoes and salad greens.