I made this bento last week. It contains rice topped with umeboshi (pickled plum) and cucumber, chicken katsu (Japanese style chicken schnitzel), yakisoba (fried noodles), korokke (potato croquette), tamagoyaki (rolled omelet), shibazuke (pickled cucumber), cherry tomatoes, mayonnaise and tonkatsu sauce (they're inside the blue and pink mini containers).
Chicken Katsu - serves 2
2 chicken breast/thigh fillets
1 tbs oyster sauce
salt and pepper to taste
3 tbs all purpose flour
Panko bread crumbs
Oil for frying
- Mix egg, salt, pepper and oyster sauce together.
- Coat the chicken breasts with flour.
- Dip the coated chicken breasts in the egg mixture.
- Coat the chicken breasts with panko bread crumbs.
- Repeat steps 3 - 4.
- Fry the chicken breasts until golden brown.
- Drizzle with tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise. Serve with rice.