Another beautiful dish that you can make from Shirataki noodles is Char Kway Teow. I still prefer the original Char Kway Teow of course, because I love rice noodles to death, but being able to eat such a dish during a low-carb diet is heavenly...!
- 200 g Shirataki noodles
- 100 g prawns
- 1 Chinese sausage, sliced
- 100 bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbs pork lard (or substitute with olive oil)
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs sambal oelek
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the pork lard in a wok.
- Add the minced garlic, prawns and Chinese sausage. Stir fry for 2 minutes until aromatic.
- Add fish sauce, sambal oelek and oyster sauce. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Quickly add the noodles and stir until well combined.
- Toss in the egg, bean sprouts, green onions and add a dash of pepper. Stir fry for another 1 minute.
Eat the noodles with the Szechuan crispy chili in oil, as I told you in the previous post. It makes it even yummier :)!