Szechuan Noodles with Wontons and Meatballs

19 comments


After posting low-carb recipes three times in a row, I'd now like to go back to the real heart and soul of 'Cooking Gallery' - dumplings and noodles ;) - this doesn't mean that I have neglected my mission to eat less carb. If you have followed my blog for some time, you would have noticed that I LOVE dim sum, rice and noodles. These are the things I wouldn't be able to live without...! So, from time to time I still do want to enjoy high-carb meal like this...:-).

The magic potion for this dish is still this man below ;). I am simply in love with his beautiful chili condiments. This time I used his 'Fried pork with chili in oil'. This dish is super easy to make and super yummy...!



Ingredients - serves 2
  • 400 g Udon noodles
  • 250 g ground pork
  • 100 chopped mushrooms
  • 2 tbs fish sauce
  • 3 tbs 'Fried pork with chili in oil'
  • 2 tbs oyster sauce
  • Pepper to taste
  • Frozen wontons and meatballs
  • Chopped green onions and fried onions for garnish
Instructions
  • Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok.
  • Toss in the ground pork and mushrooms and stir fry until slightly brown.
  • Add fish sauce, 'fried pork with chili in oil', oyster sauce and pepper.
  • Simmer the meat sauce, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
  • Place cooked udon noodles in a bowl. Top with the meat sauce, cooked wontons and meatballs. Garnish with green onions and fried onions.
If you want to make wontons yourself, you can look at my wontons recipe here.










Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

19 comments:

  1. im a carb loving creature as well! your noodles look lovely :) Happy CNY to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. que delicia y el colorido es precioso.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dish is beautifull presented. I love the idea of pork and mushrooms in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really really delicious!!

    Sadly i don't think i've seen your man in the bottle in Singapore before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dish, love noodles with wontons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I can find the fried pork in chili oil at my Asian market I'm going to make this wonderful dish. This looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aduhh ngiler nya liat wonton n noodle ala sechuan . wkt travelling ke china aku brp kali mkn noodle ala sechaun pas B fast di HTl enak222 banget, tp untuk bikin sndr biar gampang maless hahahahaa
    idem Sin aku juga dimsum , noodle n rice lovers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahhhh enakkkk, looks so inviting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband loves that chili sauce too, despite the "creepy dude on the label". hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried that sauce but will now try to look for it since you recommended! Your noodles look so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cooking always makes me hungry :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to quickly scroll down to see who that man was! Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had my fill of Szechuan and Shanghai noodles when I was in Melbourne and I just love the Shanghai nin ko. Yours just bring back memories ......mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm...this looks really yummy! I've seen those sauces in the asian supermarket before :) I think I might have tried it once...I don't really remember :S

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can tell I am going to be hungry every time I visit your pages! Man, now I want this...

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! this noodles looks really yummy. love your blog. all the food are beautifully presented. bisa buat ide masak hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, that is my favorite chili oil too! At first, I was laughing at the picture on the bottle wondering if it's a man or woman. (I was so bad) But this is no laughing matter! The chili oil is the best I've ever tasted. I never use anything else again! :P

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love that chilli sauce too! But just to let you know, the picture on the front is a woman :P

    ReplyDelete