New China Town

9 comments
New China Town is my favourite yum cha restaurant in Frankfurt - not that there are many in Frankfurt...! It has a quite big selection of dim sum and the taste is very authentic. It's of course not comparable to real yum cha restaurants in Hong Kong, Sydney or Jakarta where you can see unfriendly waiters and waitresses walking around with their dim sum carts, but for the yum cha deprived me, having a small yum cha restaurant (quite) nearby, even though it's served a la carte, is like heaven... (because I am a real yum cha fanatic!).





Jiaozi - boiled dumplings - €7.30


Har gao - €4.30


Chee cheong fun with dried shrimps and green onions, €3.40


Chee cheong fun with prawns - €4.00



Char Siu Bao- BBQ pork bun - €3.20


Char leong - rice rolls with Chinese bread stick - €3.50


Glutinous fried dumplings with pork - €3.20


Fried squid cake - € 4.20

Besides serving dim sum, New China-Town also serves normal Chinese food (I would say, Cantonese style food, as the Chinese food there reminds me of the Chinese food in Sydney which is often run by Cantonese).


Fried rice noodles with beef - €10.30

New China Town is the only Asian restaurant I know which serves fresh rice noodles...! To be honest, I can make better fried rice noodles than the one served in this restaurant, but I just couldn't resist ordering FRESH rice noodles in a restaurant (in Germany that is, because it's almost non-existent).

Overall, I love this restaurant :)!

New China Town
Münchner Straße 52
60329 Frankfurt Am Main


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments:

  1. The food look very good! Didn't expect such good Chinese food could be found in Germany.

    Have a nice weekend!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie, I was actually ecstatic when I found this restaurant...;-). As you know it's very hard to find good and not westernised Chinese food here! And no, I don't really watch DSDS, just from time to time. Are you a fan of DSDS?;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow pretty expensive for dim sums there... But i bet it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do looks so good! I miss Chinese food so much, since around my area, the Chinese food is made in Italian style to adapt with locals, it is totally horrible!!! :((

    ReplyDelete
  5. tetap kliatan enak kok Sinta , ga kalah ama JKT n HK juga he222
    itu yg Char Leong dalam nya isi cakwe ya ?
    wahh jadi pengen deh !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good to be able to find dim sum in a country which is majority non-Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love yum cha too. they look quite similar to the ones we have here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, it looks very good! But honestly, the price is quite expensive! Its double as expensive in this restaurant than in the Yum Cha restaurant I went to in London. Still, if I'm around the area, I might pop by this restaurant.

    ReplyDelete