Puppies in Love Bento

6 comments

I bought some new cookie cutters a few weeks ago, one of them is a beagle cookie cutter, which I think is very cute, unfortunately my beagle puppies don't really look like beagles ;), next time I should add some brown spots to make them look more like a beagle.



The two puppies are made out of cheese and nori and the pink parts are ham. I used a nori punch to cut out the nori details. The rice looks white in the pictures, but it's actually steamed brown rice - I have started to get quite fond of brown rice, which is great :)!

I am sure you know by now how I made those two orange flowers - cookie cutter magic :)! They are blanched carrot and mozzarella cheese by the way.



The sides include stir-fried bok choy (or pak choy - not sure myself) with soy sauce and sesame oil and stir-fried combo of calamari rings and turkey breast seasoned with store-bought Chinese " 8 treasures spicy pickled sauce". There is also a small ham flower hiding behind the calamari/turkey stir-fry and a cherry tomato which I quartered to garnish the bento meal.

By the way, a few months ago, a Singaporean reporter contacted me and asked if she could use some of my bento tutorials  for her newspaper articles. I of course felt very honoured and agreed to it...:)!! Two of my bento tutorials were published yesterday (11th May 2012) and last week (4th May 2012). The tutorials were taken from my Mini Bento: Chi Chai Monchan post and Two Bears in the Forest bento post.

The newspaper itself is called MyPaper, which is a bilingual (Chinese/English) newspaper and is actually catered for professionals, executives and businessmen - will these people be interested in looking at bento tutorials, I wonder ;)??

You can look at the electronic version of my bento articles over here at MyPaper. You have to click the articles from 11/05/12 and 04/05/12. Unfortunately the articles are only in Chinese (which, shame on me, I don't understand - I am a Chinese descendant and used to learn Chinese too at uni for a year, alas I don't remember a single thing but those basics 'How are you?' and 'Thank you" :(.

 Tomorrow's bento will be big, so stay tuned :)!

Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 comments:

  1. very sweet bento CG, and woow..congrats for your bento tutorial in Singapore newspaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks wonderful lovely presentation
    congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations CG!!! I'm so proud of you! Hope you will be featured all over the media in the world! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It's wonderful that you were featured in a newspaper! The article looks great! And this bento looks beautiful, as always! Thanks for sharing it on RecipeNewZ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that this one is showing creativity at its best. They are simply looking great and awesome.

    ReplyDelete