Sanrio Cookies....again!

52 comments
I know I have posted this blog post last month, but this time I am sending this 'Sanrio Cookies' post to Sugar High Fridays (SHF) #69 Bite-Sized Desserts hosted by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen for a sweet round-up:).





Sanrio is a Japanese company that produces kawaii (cute) merchandises aimed for young girls. The most famous character from Sanrio is "Hello Kitty" - I am sure most of you have heard or seen "Hello Kitty" somewhere. Growing up, I loved buying and collecting Sanrio stationary products and accessories, from cute notebooks, stickers, pencil cases, rulers, letter-sets, well, you name it! I still love them, but there's not much choice around here in Germany, just Diddl, Nici and Hello Kitty in a few stores. I was never that fond of "Hello Kitty" anyway. I prefer other characters from Sanrio like "Badzt-Maru" the penguin, "Keroppi" the frog or "Monkichi" the monkey ;). I was inspired to make some cookies using these characters from Sanrio, even though I finally didn't make "Keroppi" because my green food colouring's gone! Anyway, here they are...


"Welcome to my house," said Jacque the bear. "You can also have some Badtz-Maru cookies with milk :)!"

Do you see the character sketches behind the cookies :)?

Which character do you like best?


Chococat the Cat?


Kuririn the Hamster?

Badtz-Maru the Penguin?



Or, Monkichi the Monkey?

I personally like "Kuririn" the Hamster the best, because the Kuririn cookies have the least flaws I think. Anyway, it was a quite fun project with a lot of drawing and painting :)! I used marshmallow fondant to decorate the cookies, click here if you want to see the recipe. I used food colourings to paint the characters and Food marker pens to outline them. I used some sugar sprinkles for the general decoration like the hearts, pink balls and pink glitters on Kuririn's head.


Sugar sprinkles I used.

I made the cookies using Peggy Porschen's recipe from her wonderful book: Simply Spectacular Cakes. Very simple and easy to remember: 200 g butter, 200 g sugar, 400 g flour and 1 egg. That's it!


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

52 comments:

  1. Hello Kitty was a Japanese character that I grew up with. I recalled when I was on grade 2, I was begging for a hello kitty bag :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Pepy - Haha, yes, the good old time...! I used to love Keroppi and Monkichi the most. I liked Hello Kitty but it was never really my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies are super cute! I like hello kitty, does that make me a YOUNG girl again? Lol. If only age was that easy huh? All their characters are super cute. I don't know if these are the same creators of Ding Dong (Doraemon), but he's alway been my favorite. Your cookies look so professionally done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow...they look gorgeous..so cute looking cookies!!! Am stop staring at them, praying they pop out of the screen into my mouth :D First time here, u got a lovely space..happy to follow u..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eres toda una artista con las galletas. Preciosas.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look abosolutely mindblowing.....I can't imagine that these cute cookies can be made at home.....just awesome.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cool - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are adorable!! What work you must have put into them! They are real eye candy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg!!!! i'm a sucker for anyting hello kitty. the cookies are soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. still so cute no matter how many times I see the cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sin demen de g liat foodphotography n masakan/kue yg lo bikin kebayang enaknya , jg lo pinter menata nya jadi terlihat menarik n cakep .
    itu yg Chilli's Dumpling maren g minta ijin posted that picture di twitter ya ? gregetan g mo kasih liat yg laen itu menggiurkan banget dumplingnya . boleh ya ? he22

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's very lovely cookies! It must have lots of passion and time to made up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I can't believe you painstakingly drew those characters - great work! Could you make me some My Melody ones? hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cookies look so cute. Especially loved the monkey designed ones. Very nicely baked.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow so cute my daughter would love these

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cuties,
    You all are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They looks so good! I like all of them, but my favourites would have to be either the Kuririn or the Chococat ones =) They all look exactly like the original characters- I could never do such a great job.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooooo cute! I love them all. I'll check with our local specialty store if they've the colouring marker available there. Thanks for sharing such beautiful post. Have a great day!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohmygoodness, those are just soooo CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are real treat to the eye and stomach, looks great dear..

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are so pretty! I wish I know how to make those beautiful cartoon images.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! These cookies are SO SO cute...I don't think I'd be able to eat them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect entry for the event...They look cute(I have to say it again! )

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh man - dont think I'm ever so talented to make these cookies. you must of spent so much time on them eh? I wish I had that much time lah. you are very talented girl. keep up the good work!!

    have a lovely tuesday love.
    jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are adorable! You're so creative and talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Me encantan son muy bonitas...

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cookies look so pretty! I love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. These cookies are absolutely darling. I love Hello Kitty. Kuromi is my favorite character.

    Great job! I'm sure these will make a wonderful entry to Sugar High Friday's. ~>^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  29. They are too cute! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are real cute cookies! Love them all! A beautiful job done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are the cutest cookies I have seen!! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  32. YOur cookies are absolutely gorgeous! They look like they've been embroidered. Wow!
    Thanks for sending them in for SHF: Bite Size Desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  33. ...and they're SO cute, again.

    ReplyDelete
  34. As a kid, the only Sanrio characters I grew up with were Hello Kitty, My Melody and Little Twin Stars. But till today, Hello Kitty managed to stay more famous than the others. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  35. hi cooking gallery, thank you for be a follower of my blog zwischengang for so long time. now it was the time to change my blogname. it would be great if you stay a follower of my new blog on http://squarekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. You are tagged !!! Come visit my page and fill out a survey for me to get to know you better !!

    Have a wonderful and fabulous weekend !!
    Jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are adorable! I like chococat the best!

    ReplyDelete
  38. omg omg omg...cute to the maxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh you are genius!!! You should be hired by Sanrio :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Every one of them looks so neatly done! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  41. oh.... they are really adorable! I couldn't eat them because everyone is so cute :-)))) I really hope you can do a bit tutorial on your blog - I am really amazed by what you made and always want to see how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  42. All very pretty but ...no Hello Kitty...:(

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your cookies look almost too good to eat! I just signed up to follow your blog and I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The cookies look cute with those lovely characters on. Yeah, most young girls would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  45. you are so creative!!! these are just too cute!! i can't bear to eat them. only wanna look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  46. very cute... i wanna make some, too

    ReplyDelete