Today's bento is again quite simple and traditional. I used my new bento box from Japan, which you can see below. It looks very sweet and elegant, but it arrived much smaller than I expected. This bento box is very petite - I'd say, great for portion control!
The main course of today's bento is roasted duck with avocado chirashi sushi. I used brown rice instead of white rice and some slices of mushrooms, sugar snap peas and green peppers.
- 1 plate sushi Rice
- 50 grams store-bought roasted duck, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons avocado cubes
- 3 sugar snap peas, sliced
- 2 mini green peppers, seeded and sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add mushrooms and roasted duck and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and mirin. Then add sugar snap peas and green peppers and stir-fry for another 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
- Add sushi rice and mix well.
- Decorate with avocado cubes.