Pan-Fried Chicken Karaage Bento

25 comments


This was my husband's lunch - looks quite healthy, doesn't it? Unlike last time, this time, I pan-fried the chicken karaage. A much healthier alternative and still very yummy too!

I've not really been in the mood of making cute bentos since a few days ago, probably much to my husband's delight ;). He prefers traditional-looking bento meals like today's bento. I've been feeling very tired for a few weeks, but this is going to be over soon because in two weeks' time I'll have my summer holiday :)!! However, due to work commitment, next week I'll be away for a few days from home. But, once I am back, I promise I'll come up with something new again :).

If I have not visited your blogs or replied your e-mails for some time, I do apologise...! After I am back from the trip, most of my work will be more or less done, so I'll have more time to make more bento meals, visit your blogs and reply your comments and e-mails :D).

Pan-Fried Chicken Karaage
  • 4 chicken tighs, deboned and cut into bite-size pieces
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons sake
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
  • 1-2 tablespoons oil to pan-fry the chicken
Mix all ingredients well (except the oil) and let the mixture sit for 15 minutes. Heat your non-stick pan, add the oil and pan-fry the chicken until cooked and golden brown.

My husband loved this chicken karaage! And we didn't even have to have a bad conscience after eating it either, it's relatively healthy and absolutely scrumptious!



I stole the idea of the half avocado/half boiled egg from Shizuoka Gourmet's site :).

The bottom box is filled with rice, decorated with toasted sesame seeds, rucola and two sweet pepper slices. There are also three cherry tomatoes, lettuce border, pan-fried chicken karaage, lemon to zest the chicken and pan-fried green pepper.

The top box is filled with avocado/soy sauce soaked egg combo, tamagoyaki with Serrano smoked ham and salad on top of a bed of Tzaziki sauce.


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

25 comments:

  1. das sieht unglaublich lecker aus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear CG! YOur blog is just AMAZING, these bentos of yours are so great, I loved the pictures and the ingredients, you are doing a wonderful job, thanks for sharing with us your followers, I,m linking you right away so I don't miss any of your posts! big hugs from Chile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Glad you'll be "back" soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool avocado/egg trick :) Nicely pinched!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the avocado egg combo and the rucola sweet pepper slices flower arrangement! :D
    You're really a busy bee CG! Can't wait to see your new creations! But do take good care of yourself as you'll be very busy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure do wish I had this for lunch, what a super meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very fresh, KFC should take example from you instead of having everything looking greasy and unhealthy!

    Ciao
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little bambi sitting dainty-fully against the fruit cup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each of your bentos is a work of art- so beautiful and so delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow so tempting !! looks so wonderful !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, your bento is always beautiful and looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those lunches are awesome, I bet he is the envy of the office! How many hours do you need to prepare those lunches? I woke up close to 8am, so anybody who expects me to prepare lunches would be sadly disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is your husband's lunch?! He's super lucky...CG! Very healthy arrangement with pan friend karaage! Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks fabulous, your husband is one lucky man!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As usual your bento looks too good to eat 

    ReplyDelete
  16. no cartoon characters but still look awesome! dont worry abt blog visiting, relax and enjoy a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have also noticed the egg in the avocado on Shizuoka Gourmet's blog! I still remember I was impressed by this inventive idea! It looks perfect in your bento. I wonder what your husband said when he found an eggs in the avocado... I don't make bentos, but my husband loves both the avocado and the eggs, so I thought I might make it for him as a starter once.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pan-Fried Chicken + Nena... Well, I am getting hungry now, looking at his beautiful photo & while listening to Nena (love her music since I was a child :) Wonderful post CG!

    Liebe Grüße
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've included all colors of food. A very balance meal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG!!!!! what a lovely blog!! really wonderful photography!!!!

    First time to your space, I'm loving it. No doubt i'm following your blog.
    I will be very Delighited to find you in my followers list of my blog.

    Happy Blogging!!!!
    Food Blog News Daily
    Good Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Quanta delicadeza! Obrigada por nos possibilitar partilhar com você destes pratos incríveis.
    Felicidades!

    glutenfree-tudosemgluten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. nawwwwww~i would choose a super duper cute bento over a traditional one any day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This bento looks very good! I love that it has so many vegetables! And you please enjoy your vacation, you've deserved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks sooo healthy! and delicious!

    i love it when healthy food tastes good!

    Cheers,
    Yas
    www.tickle-your-tastebuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete