Sunday, 28 July 2013

Despicable Me Bento


To be honest, I'd never heard of Despicable Me until a few weeks ago when I started seeing lots of Minions (the little, yellow creatures) bentos almost everywhere. I was just wondering what the big fuss was about ;). I have to admit that the characters are pretty cute though, that's the reason why I decided to join in the hype and make a Despicable Me themed bento too :).

The minions are made of tamagoyaki (Japanese-style rolled omelette) and the details are nori and cheese cut-outs. I also included Agnes Gru in the bento box. She is made of soy-sauce flavoured steamed rice, nori and imitation crab. The other side dishes are pan-fried chicken nuggets, a piece of babybell cheese, two pieces of mochi cakes, a small portion of fruit (kiwi & mandarin), two halved grape tomatoes and a few pieces of blanched broccoli florets.





Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

  1. wow, awesome Despicable Me bento!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my!! this is amazing!!!

    Agnes is sooo real! you are really talented

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I went to the movie with my grandson- the minions are so cute, both in the movie and in your adorable bento. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really well done! Awesome bento. Love the varied expressions of the Minions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww....your bento always amazing and creative! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...