A very simple but delicious bento today: spicy shrimp fried rice served with slices of hard-boiled egg, cherry tomatoes and pickled carrot salad.
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 10 - 20 pieces of shrimps
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped and seeded bird's eye chili
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Sugar and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add minced garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Toss in the chopped chili and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add shrimps and fish sauce and keep stirring until the shrimps turn pink.
- Quickly toss in the rice, oyster sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Add chopped green onions and pepper to taste. Keep stirring for another minute.
- Serve with a few slices of hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, pickled carrot salad, lettuce and a slice of tangerine.