Easy Panda Bento

6 comments


I received a set of nori punches from CasaBento a few days ago. I had been wanting to have these punches for a long time, but they were always somehow out of stock. I guess these punches must be very popular.


Source: Casa Bento

These nori punches would save you plenty of time when you want to make a cute bento but you don't really have much time to spare.

I needed less than ten minutes to make the two panda onigiris. For each panda onigiri I used 1.5 tablespoons of steamed rice which I formed into an oval shape with a plastic wrap. The three mini puppies (?) are made out of mini mozzarella balls and I used a quail egg punch to decorate their faces.



I had creamy crab and cabbage salad, beef rendang, store-bought sambal goreng udang (Indonesian stir-fried shrimps with Petai beans/stinky beans), half-boiled egg, a piece of strawberry and three pieces of cute shaped pasta (teddy bear and heart).

Creamy Crab and Cabbage Salad
  • 50 grams shredded cabbage
  • 50 grams imitation crab, sliced thinly
  • 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons wasabi (or more if you like it spicy)
  • 2 tablespoons (whole grain) Dijon mustard

Mix everything together and serve! Very yummy :)!!



Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

6 comments:

  1. Pretty as always!!!Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, I would like to get some nori cutters too :-), I am tired of cutting all the nori by hand, it get stuck to my fingers and it is never so precise!
    Lovely bento!

    Cia
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable CG!! Can I order bento for my kids? Kids will love you!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how do you handle the tiny nori eyelashes from the punch in the middle?! Does it work with the tweezer?
    Hm... the box on the right has everything I like. Ohh... drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mehblog - yes, I use tweezer, it does work :)! I love the box on the right too ^^.

    ReplyDelete