Asian Savoury Buns

3 comments
I am not a very big fan of breads or buns, but from time to time I like to eat them. In Germany you will have no problem finding inexpensive, fantastic breads - the Germans are just good at making their breads. But, sometimes I also would like to eat the Asian version of sweet savoury buns - which you can't really find here. Some of the variations of buns are a bit like the ones from Ditsch, but the taste of the buns is just a little bit sweeter.

I had never made Asian buns before, I never had to, because I could just buy them from BreadTalk or Bread Story. But now I am far away from those franchise chains, so today I decided to make my own ones... I used a recipe which I found in someone's website a few days ago, unfortunately I don't remember which website it was, so I cannot really give a credit to this person - I only know that she gets her baking ideas from different Japanese, Thai and English cooking books. Whoever you are, Thank you! My breads turned out very soft, yummy and fluffy.

Dough

  • 300 g flour
  • 5 g yeast
  • 10 g sugar
  • 6 g salt
  • 30 g butter
  • 1 egg
  • 210 g milk


Mix all ingredients for the dough and let it rest for 20-30 minutes before you add the toppings.

Toppings
Anything you want - I used tomato sauce, cheese, mayonnaise, wiener sausage, smoked pork chop and oregano.


My wiener sausage is not red because it's organic from Domäne Mechtildshausen - it's without any food colouring.

Glaze mixture
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbs milk

Glaze the buns with the egg and milk mixture before you put them in the oven, so that the buns will have a glossy look after being baked.


My sausage bun looks a bit broken, but my other ones look quite nice, so I am happy with the results.





Very nice soft texture of bread...!


By the way, I just bought two bunnies yesterday. They are the cutest...! Willkommen zu Hause, Bruno und Josephine...! Ich liebe euch :)














Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. Hiii , hihh hebat dehh bikin roti sgala .
    bikin roti baso donk .
    itu bunnies lucu banget , rajin nya smp pelihara klinci .
    Happy Weekend yah !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the bunnies are so cute!
    Did you use bread flour for your buns? Look so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Veny - Hehe, mungkin lain kali ya...:)

    @Anncoo - Thanks, they are adorable, I know :). The original recipe asked for bread flour, but I used normal flour and it's okay - the texture was still very nice.

    ReplyDelete