Like my treasured pet rabbits, I also prefer cool, melancholic weather. Strong summer sun hurts my eyes and I always feel uncomfortably suffocated under its intense sultriness. Such cool weather also gives me the chance to warm up my soul through comfort food - soup and stew. Rich or light, it doesn't really matter.
I always hated the smell and taste of ginger. It was too medicinal and powerful for my fussy tastebud. But growing up, I learned to accept more differences and try something completely new. Throughout the years I've grown to love the aromatic smell of ginger in various types of dishes. I start to appreciate its medicinal value and spicy fragrance.
- 5 cups water
- 300 gr beef, cubed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 50 gr ginger, sliced
- 1 onion quartered
- 10 dried dates
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 Green onion, cut into 2.5 cm length
- Pepper and sugar to taste
- 1 boiled egg, for garnish
- In boiling water, cook beef together with all other ingredients over low heat, skimming occasionally, for 40 minutes.
- Serve with rice and garnish with boiled egg.