Spaghetti Bolognese with Sauteed Garlic Shrimps

8 comments


Combining seafood and red meat for a pasta dish? Does it work? Oh, yes, it does! It can actually even work wonders! I love using red wine for my Bolognese sauce, but for the sauteed garlic shrimps I usually use white wine, because I feel that white wine brings out the flavour more for seafood. Here's my recipe:

Ingredients
  • 250 gr spaghetti, boiled till al dente
Sauteed Garlic Shrimps
  • 10-15 shrimps
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 1 tbs minced garlic
  • 5 tbs white wine
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
Bolognese Sauce
  • 300 gr ground beef/pork
  • 2 tbs oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 carrot, finely chopped
  • 1 can peeled tomatoes (240 gr)
  • 2 tbs tomato paste
  • 200 gr cream
  • 1 cup red wine
  • Chopped basil and oregano
  • Chicken stock, pepper and sugar to taste
  • Grated parmesan cheese





Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

8 comments:

  1. I love shrimp!! This dish looks delightful! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love yours and will be visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! look at the colour, so tempting @o@!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White and red wine in a spagehtti, interesting.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is unsual but I am sure it tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wadooohh menggiurkan banget !

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jiewa and Anh - yes, it's quite unsual, but it tasted really great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bolognese comes from my area (Emilia Romagna) has the local name Ragù, and i do love it a lot too! :D

    ReplyDelete