Ebi Nigiri Sushi

28 comments


I made this a few months ago, but didn't really have the motivation to post it until today, at least it's a change from my bento posts...:).

I prefer making sushi rolls (maki) because I find it easier to make and less time-consuming, but I like having nigiri sushi too from time to time. My favourite topping for nigiri sushi is boiled shrimps.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups sushi rice (short grain)
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • Boiled shrimps
  • Wasabi
Directions
  • Wash the rice well and drain the water.
  • Cook sushi rice with 2 1/2 cups of water in a rice cooker.
  • After the rice is cooked, add rice vinegar, salt and sugar. Mix well with a rice paddle.
  • Form the rice into ovals (use saran wrap to prevent sticking) after the rice has cooled down.
  • Add a dab of wasabi to each rice ball and top it off with boiled shrimp.
Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

28 comments:

  1. OMG,it looks gorgeous and tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! For nigiri sushi, I like raw fish. You're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why I am calling you sushi queen. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My head hit the screen as I was going in to take a bite. LOL!! These look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Cooking these look perfect and georgeous!! absolutely nice picture too! Im hungry too! look lovely dear, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh yum,
    i just had sushi 2 days ago ~
    ahhh this looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sushi look so pretty and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love recipes like this that are easy and look beautiful. Yummy in my tummy :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's beautiful! I really enjoy sushi and making it is so satisfying to me and everyone loves it! Next time I'll come over and share it with you! :D

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're really good at this! for a moment i thought i was in a fine Japanese restaurant :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is beautiful. I am just staring.

    Would you be interested in sharing your photo on my Wordless Wednesday post? I would link the photo to your food blog. If you are interested send me a message via my blog. I would love to host your photo.

    Have a great weekend.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks just perfect. I know I would love it. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like restaurant sushi CG! simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures always makes me hungry and just love the way you present your food.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my..so beautiful and delicious. Perfect work. Really love all the sushi and bentos you made, so gorgeous and awesome. I should get to know your blog much earlier...hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so perfect. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ive got an award for you, i hope you can drop by my blog and pick it up & see the little message i wrote for you as well~~ (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love sushi but I feel kind of intimidated to make them. Yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. are you a part timer sushi chef? looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are lovely sushis, my hubby is drooling over them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look so professionally made.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous nigiri sushi! ebi is one of my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, never thought of making these babies at home. This is one of the only few sushi I could eat before I started liking raw fish :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. you know something...
    I'll bookmark this page of course
    this blog really awesome, cute design, cute content and full of detail of course we need when baking and cooking :)

    I love your Blog.

    ReplyDelete