I prefer making sushi rolls (maki) because I find it easier to make and less time-consuming, but I like having nigiri sushi too from time to time. My favourite topping for nigiri sushi is boiled shrimps.
- 2 cups sushi rice (short grain)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Boiled shrimps
- Wash the rice well and drain the water.
- Cook sushi rice with 2 1/2 cups of water in a rice cooker.
- After the rice is cooked, add rice vinegar, salt and sugar. Mix well with a rice paddle.
- Form the rice into ovals (use saran wrap to prevent sticking) after the rice has cooled down.
- Add a dab of wasabi to each rice ball and top it off with boiled shrimp.