I don't know what to name my bento... I call it 'Onigiri Bento' simply because there are 5 onigiris in the bento boxes. Two at the back are filled with prawn tempura and three at the front are normal onigiri without any filling.
- 500 g beef steak, thinly sliced
- Flour to coat the beef slices
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, sliced
- 3 stalks green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sugar and white pepper to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a wok.
- Add miced garlic and onion. Stir fry until fragrant and slightly brown.
- Toss in the flour coated beef slices and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add sake, mirin , soy sauce, pepper and sugar. Mix well.
- Now, add the bellpeppers and green onions. Stir fry for another 2 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
By the way, I would also use the chance today to say thank you to Stephanie Gang, the writer of Edible Art, for bestowing me with the wonderful award below :). It's highly appreciated...! Now I need to pass on this award to 15 lovely bloggers. I always find tasks like this very difficult, because there are actually so many wonderful bloggers out there but I am only allowed to choose 15. But well, since it is the award's rule, so here goes the list...
- Alison from Alison's Trials
- Belzy from Belzy's Kitchen
- Deepa from Hamaree Rasoi
- Honest Vanilla
- Jose Manuel from Asopaipas
- Kristy from My Little Space
- Lena from Frozen Wings
- Lia from Bentolicious
- Little Corner of Mine
- Manja from Jakubick
- Marie from ParikkObento
- Shierly from Kokken 69
- Swathi from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Tou Tou from Light Delight with Tou Tou
- Vivienne from Green Cilantro
- I am in my 20s. I have the impression some people think I am much older ...;)!
- I currently live in Germany, but I used to live in Sydney and Jakarta as well
- I love reading books, especially something related to history : The Renaissance, The Tudors, The French Revolution, etc.
- I love Barock and Rococo style, this might have been influenced by the manga I read when I was a little girl - The Rose of Versailles by Riyoko Ikeda.
- I hated shopping and fashion when I was younger, but now I do enjoy shopping very much and I love wearing pretty clothes and accessories (even though I cannot always do this every day unfortunately...!)
- I am a quite shy person and I am very bad at small talks. But once I have got to know you better, I could be crazy too at times and would show the sides you would never imagine I possess ;).
- I am rather paranoid - one reason why my profile picture is a bunny. But believe me, I am as cute as that bunny, hahaha...;)!!
Alright folks, that's it for today....!