The basket is filled with 2 chick-onigiris, my version of quick and super simple Pork Bulgogi, 3 piccolinis, 2 half- hardboiled eggs (meant to look like chicks in a seal costume), a few pieces of strawberries, 2 slices of kiwi, a few pieces of grapes, red currant and lettuce.
Quick Stir-Fried Pork Bulgogi
- 500 grams pork, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 7- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 - 2 tablespoons hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- Sugar to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a wok. Stir fry pork, minced garlic and onion slices.
- When slightly brown, add soy sauce, hot pepper flakes, Gochujang and sugar.
- Continue frying until the pork is cooked.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve hot with rice.
If you are a careful observer, you would have noticed that the chick in the bear costume has a much friendlier expression in last two the pictures of this post. I didn't like his grumpy face at all, so I finally changed his eyes and made them smaller and slightly rounder.
He still looks sad, but doesn't he look like a more well-behaved chick ;)?
That's it for now, it's getting quite late again here. I hope I can post my Peter Rabbit cake tomorrow. I have made the figurines but haven't baked the cake yet. Hopefully I can complete the cake tomorrow!