Easter Parade Bento

31 comments

As promised, here is another Easter-themed bento... Easter chicks in costumes ready to attend an Easter parade :). The chick in the bear costume looks rather unfriendly, he's probably not very happy that he needs to wear a costume and parade it around ;).

The basket is filled with 2 chick-onigiris, my version of quick and super simple Pork Bulgogi, 3 piccolinis, 2 half- hardboiled eggs (meant to look like chicks in a seal costume), a few pieces of strawberries, 2 slices of kiwi, a few pieces of grapes, red currant and lettuce.



Quick Stir-Fried Pork Bulgogi
  • 500 grams pork, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 7- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 - 2 tablespoons hot pepper flakes
  • 2 tablespoons Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
  • Sugar to taste
  • Toasted sesame seeds
Instructions
  • Heat oil in a wok. Stir fry pork, minced garlic and onion slices.
  • When slightly brown, add soy sauce, hot pepper flakes, Gochujang and sugar.
  • Continue frying until the pork is cooked.
  • Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve hot with rice.

If you are a careful observer, you would have noticed that the chick in the bear costume has a much friendlier expression in last two the pictures of this post. I didn't like his grumpy face at all, so I finally changed his eyes and made them smaller and slightly rounder.


He still looks sad, but doesn't he look like a more well-behaved chick ;)?

That's it for now, it's getting quite late again here. I hope I can post my Peter Rabbit cake tomorrow. I have made the figurines but haven't baked the cake yet. Hopefully I can complete the cake tomorrow!

Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

31 comments:

  1. Your edible art work is so cool. Not just that, it actually looks delicious. I don't think I have the heart to eat the two chicks parading as bears but I'll be glad to eat the bulgogi and the egg chicks on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darn cute!!!! I'm convinced that you have magical power..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Who is eating this bento box everyday?! That's what I'm curious right now... So envious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicks in pig suits. There is nothing cuter in the entire world. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most creative bento I have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! The little chicken is wearing a pig suit! That's seriously too cute for words. How do you do this?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to eat lunch at your house! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Es un cuadro, que cosa tan bonitas haces

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Everyone - Love ya! You're all so kind :D)

    @ Nami - My husband and I always eat the bento meals, we're just a household of two (well, plus our four furry, long-eared creatures, but they don't eat bentos ;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are far too cute to be eaten. They belong in an art museum. who is the lucky that gets to eat this everyday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think the chick looks unfriendly, just surprised! Either way, both look cute :) You are very talented, another brilliant bento!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bento looks amazing as well as delicious. Just for our benefits may I request you to share with us step by step preparation pics in your later posts. It would really help me to learn this delicious preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  13. ngaww....the chicks are so cute! I wouldn't want to eat them! Happy Easter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything in that basket looks so cute and adorable...Love it..
    Happy Easter to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how your bento creations are so colourful and so delicious at the same time! And I've bookmarked this bulgogi recipe to try later. It sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so adorable! I need to learn how to do this - I bet my daughter would eat her meals if they were this cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks delicious as well as adorable! You are so creative!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol CG i love how u pay attention to the small details...like the size of the eyes to make it look friendlier ;) you're too funny! another great bento box as always!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! so cute!!!!!!!!!! Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is so impressive!! Qwish I could do something close to this. Really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ Deepa - Thanks for the suggestion, Deepa :). I'll try to make some tutorials in the future, but I cannot guarantee to do it all the time because I am often short on time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fun bento idea, beautifully realized, CG! You put such effort and creativity into your bento productions and posts, I'm so impressed! Yummy recipe, too :D

    Happy Easter and happy spring dear!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The things you can do with bento boxes (brings me back to my childhood and my mom's creative bento lunches). Love the Easter-inspired additions. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! AWESOME!!! Especially those 2 chicks in costumes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks amazing! So creative and perfect for the kids! So glad you visited me the other day so I could find your blog~ I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness this is sooooo adorable! Too adorable to eat!

    ReplyDelete