Piggy-Daisy Onigiri Bento

17 comments


I am in love with my daisy fondant cutter...:)! The cutter makes really pretty daisies, doesn't it? The daises are made out of goat cheese (white) and cheddar cheese (dark yellow). And it's not me if I don't add extra cuteness to my bento, I just had to add the little piggy faces on top of the daisies...;)!



The little piggies are made out of bologna and I coloured the rice with beet juice again. Since quite some people asked me how to colour the rice with beet juice, let me use the chance now to explain how:

Basically you need to puree the beets than strain the juice with a sieve. Add this juice to cooked rice and mixed well. And please note: you don't have to add too much juice to colour the rice pink, it's quite intensive and I am sure you don't want to have soggy rice in the end. Just add little by little until you get the shade you wish. I hope this is explanatory enough...!




These two onigiris are filled with chicken teriyaki (again;)) and the bento box behind is filled with 2 slices of pizza baguettes, 3 pieces of baked potatoes, cheese-daisies and a slice of tomato.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments:

  1. Oh I'm first today! Oh those pigs are so cuteeeee! I want to eat them. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. your onigiri looks magnificent!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You are so talented! Everything is beautiful - I would eat it all :) New to your blog so I am gonna go take a look.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply lovely! Especially the Onigiris. Pink is my favorite color, btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how pretty and clean it looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...that looks awesome..fascinating clicks again..:P

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee, the piggy daisies are too cute! I have a daisy fondant cutter but never thought of using it this way... Only for fondant thks for the idea. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love LOVE the pigs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the way you decorate your bentos...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this bento box... it's so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those flowers! I also just realised your've got a RSS feed so I'm going to put that in my email browser to get my daily fix of cute bento boxes :)

    By the way, how do you find time to make so many amazing bento boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your daisy fondant cutter too! cute piglets! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pinkish colours and the baked potatoes just look too yummy (o^v^o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the flowers, and what a pretty bento box. I wouldn't want to eat it, it's so lovely!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this one! The piggies are the cutest! Not to mention looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete