Grilled Panini Bento

21 comments


I didn't intend to make any bento today because I lacked the motivation and I somehow had zero inspiration too! I had a busy and stressy week and I had been thinking of using my whole weekend only to relax. Unfortunately I haven't really had the chance to relax yet. Saturday is the day when I clean the house, I despise this chore, but it has to be done! Then I still had to clean my rabbits' cage, which is humongous - it looks like a massive wardrobe ;)! Saturday is also the time when we normally do our grocery shopping - at least this I do not detest ;). I saw lots of Easter decorations in the supermarket I went to, including some pretty Easter baskets. I had been eyeing one Easter basket since last week, it looks really nice and I thought it would be lovely for a picnic-themed bento. Finally I decided to buy it today. This basket is one reason why I couldn't resist not to prepare any bento. It's new so of course it has to be used immediately ;)! However I just made something very simple without elaborate and intricate work - only the old, plain grilled panini, but totally scrumptious...! After work I sometimes buy a grilled panini from a bakery in Frankfurt. It's filled with chicken cold cuts, cheese, rucola, tomatoes, some mustard and mayonnaise. I had been thinking to recreate this beautiful panini at home for quite some time, but I was often too lazy to do so or simply forgot to buy some bread. Well, this morning I didn't forget and bought 2 freshly baked Ciabatta rolls.




Ingredients - serves 2
  • 2 fresh Ciabatta rolls
  • 6 slices deli chicken breast
  • 4 slices of cheese
  • 1 tomato, sliced
  • Rucola
  • Mayonnaise
  • Dijon mustard
  • Black Pepper
Instructions
  • Cut the Ciabatta rolls in half.
  • Spread the inside with mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.
  • For each Ciabatta roll: place 3 slices of deli chicken breast, 3 slices of tomato, 2 slices of cheese and 5-6 Rucola leaves. Sprinkle with black pepper.
  • Grill in the oven for about 3-5 minutes.



Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

21 comments:

  1. What a great way to present a sandwich. This is a good way to encourage children to have their five-a-day. Sounds delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sandwiches look so good! And I like the frosty cold grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful- I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's me again. If this is any comfort to you my Saturday hasn't been very relaxing either, so please know there is at least one other person still at it :) just thought you should know :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks scrumptious! And so beautiful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely bento and hope you get some time to rest

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love paninis! What a beautiful way to present it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious! Love the new basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get some rest soon! And what is it you're keeping as a pet in that huge cage, a life size Easter bunny? Haha. Another lovely bento. Hope you're having a great weekend (despite the chores).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous picnic bento! It has been raining cats and dogs here all day with lots of wind and thunder- not a good day for a picnic at all, but your lovely basket has me wanting one! :) I love all of your bentos- they'd make anyone happy to eat a packed lunch. A couple of years ago I taught two little Japanese-American girls and their moms would make them the cutest bentos, all wrapped in handkerchiefs. I always had them show off their lunches before they ate them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely picnic basket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone told me that food which has at leat 5 color combination is healthy. Yours always looks good and yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello CG! I'm so glad to find you. You make such a wonderful bento box and I really, really can't wait to see your new post. I'm new here but are you making this for your kids? Whoever get this bento box is SO LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. delicious and colorful ....

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beautiful basket of deliciousness! Looks pretty with all the right colours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehe nice basket :) I always love the fruits you lay around the set, makes it more delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah, looking at your bento and tatabonita's always makes me drooling! and makes me also wanted to try to make bento.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those sandwiches sound delicious! I could go for one right now :)
    My Saturdays are pretty similar to yours (minus the rabbit cage). It's too bad it's so hard to relax on Saturday mornings. Thank goodness there are Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm licking the screen here! Fantastic flavors and a truly beautiful, bountiful bento CG!!!

    ReplyDelete