Another very simple bento :). I just made this bento half an hour ago and I mainly made it for fun. Chi Chai Monchan is another cute character from Sanrio. I browsed the Sanrio homepage and thought that this character seemed to be quite easy to make. Making him only took me 10 minutes, because again, I simply used some cookie cutters to help me make this character. I didn't take the step-by-step pictures, but I will do so later in the day after I do some grocery shopping. I don't have deli-meat available anymore...!
The bento is filled with rice, toasted sesame seeds, scrambled eggs, cucumber sticks and Chi Chai Monchan (deli meat, cheddar cheese, carrot and surimi). I will update this post today and include some step-by-step picture. So stay tune...:)!
As promised, here are the step-by-step pictures. This time I use white coloured cheese for the face. Decide yourself which colour you like better, white or orange.
What you need:
What you need:
- A slice of pink deli meat
- A slice of cheese (white/orange)
- A piece of nori paper
- A slice of carrot
- 3 different-size round cookie cutters
- A think drinking straw
- A fat drinking straw
- A kitchen knide
- A kitchen tweezers
- Use the biggest round cookie cutter to make Monchan's face.
- Use the second biggest round cookie cutter to make the inner part of Monchan's face.
- With a kitchen knife, cut out a triangle from the cheese-face.
- Make Monchan's body using the smallest cookie cutter.
- Make 4 mini circles with a fat drinking straw (2 for the ears and 2 for the feet).
- Pinch a fat straw so that the end is oval.Punch 2 ovals out of the deli meat - these ovals are the hands.
- Punch a circle out of the remaining deli meat with the smallest cookie cutter. Then with the same cookie cutter, cut out the top/bottom bit of the round deli meat to make a smile shape.
- Punch 2 circles out of the carrot slice with the thin straw - these are for the rosy (well, orangy) cheeks.
NOTE: One last thing, you still need to cut 2 circles out of nori for the eyes. If you have a nori punch, you can use this too. The tail is optional.