Farfalle Onigiri Bento

14 comments


Finally back in (bento) action...:). I am so glad it's Friday! I actually wanted to make bento dinner yesterday, but on the way home I was too tempted to buy a bento lunch from Maruyasu, a Japanese chain sushi restaurant in Frankfurt, which sells take-away sushi and bento meals. They have a quite big selection of sushi (especially for a German standard) and the taste is really quite good too!



Bento boxes from Maruyasu. The gyoza bento costs € 6.50 and the fried ebi (prawns) bento costs € 7.50. I bought some sushi too, but I was too hungry that I forgot to take some pictures of the sushi. Perhaps another time...;).



Today's bento is again without any cute characters because I wanted to make something simpler and I wanted to use the Farfalle pasta which I just bought yesterday.

The wooden bowl contains: two farfalle onigiri, three pieces of shao mai, two boiled dumplings, three pieces of pan-fried meat patties with nori, two pan-seared mini peppers, one orange mini pepper, one deli meat flower, one cherry tomato, two pieces of pan-fried deli meat/asparagus/mayonnaise 'gyoza', a piece of strawberry and lettuce.



UPDATE - GIVEAWAY
By the way, I've noticed that some comments that people have written in my blog yesterday and two days ago went missing...! I think this is due to an error happening to Blogger today. So, please don't think that I deleted your comments...! I never do! This error is actually not that bad, but unfortunately there were people who commented on my Giveaway post during the last two days and I've noticed that these comments are gone...! Yesterday there were 62 comments but it's only 54 today, so 8 comments went missing...:(. I do apologise for this inconvenience (even though I know it is not my fault, but I know you have given some effort to write in my blog and now it's gone without a trace...!). I remember that Minnieh from Food is Delish and TJ from Bento Log wrote some comments letting me know that they wanted to participate in the giveaway, but I am not sure if there were more people who did. Anyway, Minnieh and TJ, I'll enter both of you again in the giveway :)!


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments:

  1. ahhh i LOVE the bows!!! soooo cute~~~~ do you pack your lunch like this every day?! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Farfalle pasta! Too bad I can't find any here in Singapore.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute way to "dress up" the bow ties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look nice and yummy! Love yours bentos! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You inspire me to make non charaben themed bento :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute ,very nice,have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  7. the striped farfale looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your farfalle onigiri are incredibly cute! The meat patties with nori is definitely the idea I will steal from you!!! The bentos you have bought don't look as beautiful as yours, but they look yummy and they are really cheap!!! (well at least for someone who lives in Switzerland ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful and your photos the bento are terrific. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos and collection of yummy things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant and so healthy.
    Google, has done some sort of update and I had the same problem.
    Wishing you a great weekend.
    Many thanks for your visit ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. CG, thanks for sharing Japanese bento box you can get in Frankfurt. It's fun how Japanese food are sold in other countries. They look quite simple, but as long as taste is good, that's all it matters sometimes, especially in outside of Japan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Nami - As I am sure you've realised, Japanese food is getting very popular around the world, which is fantastic for me because I adore Japanese cuisine :D)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have scrolled down your blog and I must say you have THE most colorful and wonderful array of dishes :) Look forward to following your recipes - Hope you will visit my blog and feel likewise :))

    ReplyDelete