Halloween Bento - Green Eyed Wizards

21 comments


To be honest, I have never celebrated Halloween in my life. Even though I am quite fond of watching thriller and horror films ;), I was never interested to join in the 'fun' of Halloween.

This is the first time that I make Halloween-themed meal, which, I am aware, looks more cute than scary :-). Well, I don't really like the idea of disgusting-looking food. It's interesting to see, but I don't think that I have the guts to eat something that looks like severed fingers or bloody eyeballs ;).

I have seen so many other bento sites with Halloween-themed bentos. Today I finally had the chance to make one as well!

I made two soy-sauce flavoured wizard rice balls. Somehow the wizards look a bit like Powerpuff Girls ;)! I guess, it's because of the humongous eyes! I used cucumber to make the green eyes, nori for the pupil and goat cheese for the shiny, starry-eyed look. The wizard's hat is from nori and cheese.

The three little Jack-o-lanterns are quail eggs which I coloured with orange food colouring. I also made two radish Jack Skellington look-alikes (next time I'll make the eyes bigger!)



Happy Halloween, everyone! I will spend the evening watching a horror film with my husband :-).



Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

21 comments:

  1. The wizards look friendly and so edible! kekekeke
    happy halloween

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowww.. yummy .. awesome clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would make something extraordinary today (that is I thought about it when someone reminded me it was Halloween ;-) )
    Your bento is amazing and I wouldn't be scared to devour it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest Halloween bento I've seen...love it!
    You are amazing...so creative!
    Happy Halloween and have a wonderful week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cooking we are looking those with Esperanza and we think they are adorable!!! you make the food look always beauty!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! I especially love the radishes :-).

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, they're really not into celebrating Hallowe'en in France at all. No costumes, no make-up, not even any pumpkins on display... bah :( Beautiful bento, but of course - they always are! Even the radish has a little face on it - it's so precious :D By the way, did you make the shrimps yourself (the ones rolled with the crispy batter/noodle stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg - love your blog! Thanks for visiting my blog so that I got to discover all of the cuteness on yours. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the little pumpkins..i'm sure i will enjoy eating this bento! have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The witches look cool, and I thought those jacks were orange tomatoes. The orange color came out very strong! Love the radish Skellingtons too :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never observe halloween as well. But I know for sure I will see lots chocolate and pumpkin for sale :))

    Hey, I like the flower design on your bento.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious looking lunchbox dear. Excellent preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, that is such an adorable bento box! Sooooo cute! And pray tell, which horror movie will you and the hubby be watching tonight? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ow..your bento looks so cute, not scary at all...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Halloween! The quail eggs look like those mini yellow-orange bell peppers and I love all the so detailed features in your bento! :D
    Cute 'powerpuff' eyes and I love them! Hee... ;P
    Have an enjoyable horror film night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Charles - No, I didn't make the prawns myself, store-bought ;)! Well, they don't actually taste that good, I simply wanted to get some space in my freezer and so had to get rid of the last few pieces of them. They certainly look quite pretty though :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Carolyn Jung - Well, it wasn't exactly a horror movie, it's 'True Blood' ;).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ngaww...this is so cute!! Definitely one of my favourite halloween creations so far ;) I LOVE your jack-o-lanterns! Would never have thought they were made from quail eggs though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. how cute is this one! it's so adorable =) your blog is awesome and so are your Bento!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww. Love your CUTE Halloween bento. I agree, I don't love the idea of eating scary looking Halloween food. Of course, my kids think it is a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete