Crispy Duck Breast with Peanut Sauce Bento

11 comments


Fried crispy duck breast with peanut sauce is one of my husband's favourite Asian dishes. He likes to order this from our local Asian eatery. Asian food is generally fairly inexpensive in Germany, unfortunately this means most Asian foods here taste pretty much the same from one restaurant to another. This is one reason why I love to cook Asian foods myself at home.

Crispy Duck Breast
  • 1 duck breast filet
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon flour
Instructions
  • Rub the duck breast with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
  • Marinade for 10 - 15 minutes.
  • Coat the duck breast with flour. Fry duck breast until golden brown.
Peanut Sauce
  • 4 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (minced chili)
  • 100 ml water
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 1 - 2tablespoons sweet soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 sweet bell pepper, sliced - *optional
Instructions
  • Heat the wok and add 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
  • Add onion and pan-fry for 1 minute.
  • Add the rest of the ingredients, except bell peppers and lime juice. Cook for around 2 minutes.
  • Toss in the bell peppers and cook for another 1 minute.
  • Add lemon juice before serving. Mix well.



Do you see the pretty, round yellow ball on top of the rice? Guess what? It's a hard-boiled egg yolk! Don't ask me how to do it. When I peeled the egg, the egg yolk fell out by itself ;). I wish it happened all the time, because I don't really like egg-white that much.


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments:

  1. Your crispy duck with peanut sauce sounds absolutely delicious! I like the bento too. It looks so pretty...and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crispy duck looks delicious and very well decorated meal box.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crispy duck and presentation looks beyond amazing! I love the pop of color and taste of the yolk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the neatest, most perfect bento I've ever seen! :o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aku mo coba bikin duck nya....pas hubby ku juga suka ama duck sin. Kalo beli gitu minyaknya ga nahannn.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! I LOVE duck! One of my all time favorites, but I rarely go thru the trouble of making it....but I should - it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bento looks nice and delicious...
    I should try to cook this someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Contrary to chicken I have always preferred legs in a duck, but your breast looks so delicious! I am a huge fan of peanut sauce (like the one with satay). I even like the ready-made one sold in jars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love crispy duck so much too (seriously.. how can something be soooo delicious?)

    I thought it was an egg-yolk actually... I make some things from time to time which call for the yolk to be separated from the white after boiling. It's always fun, bouncing a little powdery, yellow ball around :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so creative!! I would love to have something so beautiful for lunch. Instead, I have yogurt today which will probably go off on the hour long trip to work haha:(
    A very nice blog with a lot of attention to detail (the rice bears!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband loves duck meat! The Tawara musubi (the shape of your rice ball) is my mom's method of making onigiri. I love how you arranged the rice balls so they look like a pattern!

    ReplyDelete