Bulgogi - Korean BBQ Beef
Adapted from Maangchi
- 500 grams beef, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Grill or pan-fry the bulgogi.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
Since we haven't had kimchi for a while, I decided to make it again yesterday, especially because I thought it would be nice to eat Korean dishes with kimchi as a side dish. I used to make kimchi following Maangchi's recipe last year. It was a success and I even gave some to my MIL and she was thrilled. But this time I wanted to try another kimchi recipe which doesn't use glutinous flour porridge (I am too lazy to make it...!!). A few days ago when I browsed some kimchi recipes, I found Anna Kim's kimchi making video. I directly wanted to try her kimchi recipe when I saw that she used apple and pear in her kimchi. I love the idea of adding fruit to food for natural sweetness!