This bento is pretty healthy as you can see. Lots of greens and protein ;). Yesterday my husband and I went to Okinii, a new Japanese restaurant which specialises on sushi and teppanyaki. We have been there three times and so far we've been very happy with the foods and service. My husband and I tried their grilled beef with teriyaki sauce last night and we're impressed by how tender and moist the meat was.
This morning I noticed that we had some fresh beefsteak in the fridge at the right moment when I was busy thinking of what to make for lunch. Then I remembered the grilled beef from Okinii, so I tried to recreate this dish again, my way.
Beefsteak with White Wine Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 beefsteak filet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 ml white wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Sugar and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Toss in beef cubes and stir-fry until the beef is slightly brown.
- Add white wine and mix well.
- Add soy sauce, sugar and pepper and cook the beef until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
By the way, don't forget the bento contest :D)! So far I have received two very cute entries. You can see the bento pictures in my Flickr group over here :).