Macaroni with Spicy Bolognese Sauce

13 comments


After I saw Sissi's Ragu alla Bolognese, I really felt like eating pasta alla Bolognese again. So, yes, don't get me wrong, I don't only eat Asian foods ;)! My Bolognese sauce typically uses ground meat, tomato paste, chopped onion, peeled canned tomatoes, red wine, a little bit of cream and some chopped oregano and basil. However, this time I added some olives and fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones to 'clean out' my fridge - I have the tendency to have too many things in my fridge and freezer ;). I also added a bit of soy sauce and thyme as Sissi did - love the addition of flavours, Sissi :)!

Spicy Bolognese Sauce
  • 300 gr ground beef/pork
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 5 - 6 fresh medium sized tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 100 ml cream
  • 100 ml red wine
  • 10 - 15 olives, halved
  • 3 tablespoons Tabasco
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • Chicken stock, pepper and sugar to taste
  • Dried thyme
  • Grated parmesan cheese
I am so glad it's Friday tomorrow...! It's getting very cold over here and I get tired more easily. I always think to hide and sleep under my blanket instead of going off to work ;). Anyway, I wish you all a nice evening! See you Saturday, I am sure I will make another bento at the weekend :).

Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

13 comments:

  1. Ah come on - this is unfair - you make pretty bentos, and then you make a bolognese sauce which I find incredibly hard to make look good in photos, and even that you manage to make look awesome!

    I always like a bit of kick in my bolognese sauce - usually, sriracha is my ingredient of choice - never tried tabasco though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will bring my plate to your house lol ... Spicy bolognese sauce really looks so mouthwatering. Hope you have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh comforting yumminess. Want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a new take on the classic macaroni. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had chosen a wrong time to open your blog, it's just a few minutes before lunchtime...and you make me so hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great sauce! Love the star radish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CG, I'm so happy I have "infected" you with the need to have some bolognese and even happier you liked soy sauce and thyme in it. Your sauce sounds delicious and of course my sauce will never look so beautiful as yours. You are the master of cute food decorations.
    Thank you so much for linking to my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the presentation, as always! I like the way you turn something simple into a beautiful dish :) Enjoy your weekend, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pasta is very attractively presented, the colours make the dish so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how it looks on the plate...alway a bento at heart! :) It sounds so good too! Yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally missed this post - whoo hoo! Sissi' recipe! Looks so delicoius... I can eat pasta everyday, especially if it's like this!

    ReplyDelete