MY BENTO CONTEST

47 comments


Finally the time has come :)! I've been so crazy busy lately that I've not had the chance to officially announce the bento contest that I've been talking about since last week. I am so excited, because this is my first bento contest ever :D). I am incredibly lucky that CasaBento has generously offered to sponsor this contest and the talented Lia from Bentolicious and the sweet Nami from Just One Cookbook have agreed to help me co-host this event.

CONTEST DETAILS
  • Photo: Take a good, clear picture of your bento.
  • Theme: Let your imagination fly :). Can be anything really, it doesn't have to be a charaben either, tradional, modern or whatever kind of style is fine as long as it's a meal in a box/container.
  • Description: Please include a description of what you have inside your bento.
  • Contact Details: Include your name or nick, e-mail address and the country where you come from to be eligible for the competition. If you have a food blog, you can also post your entry there and send me the link, but you're still expected to e-mail me your photo, description and contact information to enter the contest officially.
  • Limit: 1 entry per person
  • Send your entry to: Cookinggallery@yahoo.de
  • Can everyone (worldwide) participate? YES
  • Contest Period: 19th November 2011 - 20th December 2011
CasaBento, Lia, Nami and I will judge your bento photo based on the following criteria:
  • Food Balance: We'll not only look at how cute or pretty your bento is, but also if your bento is well balanced. Let's say, a bit of carb, meat, veggies, fruit, etc instead of just rice with a cute nori face.
  • Colour Balance: People would be more attracted to your bento (including us, judges) if your bento doesn't look too dull.
  • Creativity: Impress us with your creativity :)!

PRIZES

I chose the following prizes myself. I hope you like them :).

The 1st prize: 1 Totoro bento box, 1 set of Totoro cutlery (chopsticks, spoon and fork), 1 blue thermal bag, 1 Winnie the Pooh pancake pan, 1 set of bento picks, 1 set of mini sauce bottles and 1 set of mini sandwich cutters.


The 2nd prize: 1 big Yume Sakura bento box, 1 small Yume Sakura bento box, 1 Yume Sakura bento bag with matching chopsticks.


I hope a lot of people would participate in this contest and if you're not so confident in your bento making skills, there's still a chance that you might win the fantastic book 'The Just Bento Cookbook' from Makiko Itoh, the writer of the wonderful and informative sites Justbento.com and Justhungry.com, because I will also draw one random winner using random.org. (NOTE: The 1st and 2nd winners would not be eligible for this).

After I have received your photo including the decription and your contact information, I will post your photo in this Flickr group, so that all of you can see all the entries.

I will announce the winners on Tuesday, 27th December 2011.


Good luck everyone :D)!!


By the way, I'd like to hear what you think about the bento items I chose for the prizes. Do you think that they're something that you would like to add to your bento collections? If not, please do give me some feedbacks on what kind of prizes you would like next time I do another contest or giveaway. Browse CasaBento site and suggest me some items you would love to have from there. Thank you :-)!


UPDATE

You will receive a confirmation e-mail from me that I have received your photo. If you sent me a picture but haven't heard anything from me, please let me know...!!

Another UPDATE :)

This contest is closed. Thank you for participating :)!! There are 60 submissions in total, I didn't expect there would be so many people who would join in the contest, especially because my contest was held at one of the busiest times of the year...^-^.

The slideshow below shows all 60 pictures from the bento contest participants.



You can also check out my Flickr Page to see what the participants say about their bentos.

I will announce the 3 winners on the 27th of December 2011, so stay tuned :D)! Currently Casabento, Nami, Lia and I are still having a headache - we don't really know which photos to choose because all of you did such a marvelous job with your bento creations...;)!!




Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

47 comments:

  1. Hey coole preise! Da mach ich doch glatt mit und ĂĽberlege mir schonmal etwas nettes. Klasse das Du einen Bento Wettbewerb veranstaltest ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore yours Bentos and all are adorable, the prizes amazing, I will enjoy looking the bentos!!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the prizes are so adorable! haha how fun! and generous of you :D This sounds like a great contest, will definitely help to spread this around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! those children faces are just too cute to be eaten! What a nice bento contest and giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I like the Yume Sakura bento boxes. Have to start planning now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful prizes, and a wonderful competition. I have not the least experience in making bentos, so entering this would just be an embarassment to myself, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'll start thinking about it!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting this is!! I`m not a bento maker yet I`m totally excited to see the submitted photos later! Enjoy the contest, CG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool contest you're hosting! I'm looking forward to the entries :)


    Cheers,

    Wi
    A Single Girl's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopped by to say I will surely foollow your work you bento insiders:) For me it is art which I am not master of;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great contest! Can't wait to see what it brings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi cg, you're really kind to allocate a prize for a random participant too, that's really motivating! have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    I have a blog and I want to write an article about bento. I really like your blog and your pictures. I wanna ask you if I can take few pictures of your traditional and kawai bento.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Lou - Hi, thank you for visiting my page and your kind compliment :). Yes, sure, you can use my pictures for your article as long as the pictures are linked back to my blog. Thank you for asking and I look forward to reading the article :)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is so great! I hope I'll have some time to make a bento and participate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the gifts, so pretty! But I have not tried making bento before so I shall just leave it to the talented bloggers and admire from the side:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello !!! I just discovered your blog thanks to the comment you left on "bentonono"'s last post. I think i made a great discovery, your website looks stunning ! And your bentos are gorgeous ! I would love to participate to this contest, but since I'm from France, I'm not sure that I can... Where are you from ? Do you allow only people who come from the country you live in ? Anyway, even if it's not possible, I can tell you i'll continue visiting your blog very often ! ;) Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeaaaaaaay I just read "from all over the world" !!! That's very cute of you !! (o^.^o) I will then try this contest !! Could you tell me please, before when do we have to send our bento ? I mean, when is the due date ? And who will be voting for the winner ? Sorry for my poor english, I am french and I haven't been speaking english for a looong time :) Oh and, by the way, i think your presents are GREAT !!!! Totoro is my all time love !!!!!!!!!!! (^^)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really exciting, CG! I want to get some nice bento boxes like these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very exciting competition. I am always enjoying your bentos

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow CG!! Lamaaa gak ngenet begitu buka blogmu Ada sesuatu yang menarik hehehe

    Hope my simple Wednesday bento can submit one photo hehe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmm very tempting gift, but me personally wants the second prize or the book ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi,
    Thanks very much for your kind visit and words and hope you'll be back. It as been a great pleasure to watch your website and I'll be back to see whats new.
    Cheers,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Unfortunately, I make bentos very rarely, so I won't even try to win this contest, but good luck to everyone! The bento boxes are extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your bento is so lovely and pretty, I'd not try out any bento so far. Guess I should try one soon seeing yours also so cute and pretty. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want the 2nd price. This is exciting

    ReplyDelete
  27. Everything you produce is picture perect. Sending Good Luck your way.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOO HOO! Great contest, can't wait to see the winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. @ Everyone - thank you for all your kind comments :). I hope a lot of you would take the time and participate!

    @ Kelyrin - the due date is on 20th December 2011. If you check the 'Contest Details', you'll see all the information about the contest. Just to recap, basically you simply need to send me (to cookinggallery@yahoo.de) a clear picture of your bento, including a short text describing what's inside your bento box plus your name/nickname, e-mail and the country where you come from. I hope this clears things up :).

    CasaBento, Nami from 'Just One Cookbook', Lia from 'Bentolicious' and I are going to be the judges for the contest. Feel free to ask me more questions if you're still not sure about the contest requirements :). Oh, I love Totoro too, he's so adorable :)!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!!! I love all the prizes and you're really very very generous, CG! There's even a random prize! ;D
    Your prizes are just too tough to resist! I'm joining in the fun too! ;)
    Have a great weekend!

    Btw, does the bento have to be one that's done latest or could it be one that was done quite some time back but hasn't been posted? Tks! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  31. @ Lyn -it's actually casabento that is generous :-) . That's a good question, I would say sending me an older Bento photo is ok as long as it has never been posted anywhere else before :-) , thanks for joining in :-) !

    ReplyDelete
  32. This contest seems to be great. ...I like the Yume Sakura Boxes... Yeah, I will contribute my part and plan a Bento for the contest ;) Btw, congratulations for your 100th Bento :)

    greetings, Ni-chan

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yaiii ist ja toll von dir :) Ich mag die Preise, vor allem den zweiten :D Totoro ist zwar sehr sĂĽĂź, aber nichts was fĂĽr alle Alter ;)
    Hoffentlich finde ich noch die Zeit teilzunehmen *seufz*

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a great idea for Bento lovers....appreciate if you can link your event here,
    Food Blog Events

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm not a bento blogger but I'd like to spread the words :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I really like the prices, expecially the second one, more than the first! :) And the book is very nice, I have it and is very useful.
    I've sent my bento via e-mail, but you can find it at this link too with the recipes in italian.
    http://www.darkchocolate.it/cheese-vegetable-bento/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I've emailed you the info but also, my entry is the header image for my bento blog! http://peppermilkbento.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderfull contest! Lovely prices. :) Good luck to the partecipants!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi! I did a bento for your contest, I'll let you my link:http://www.kittyskitchen.it/noodle-soup-bento.html
    Thanks a lot!
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  40. The prizes are so exquisite! :O I'm still a bit afraid to participate because of your charaben photo pool, haha... but will give it a try once I've come up with a good one. Until then I've linked to this page on my blog to get more people to participate (is direct linking okay?).
    Thank you for doing this! :3

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am most definitely entering this! ^^ I may not win - but this contest is too amazing to pass up. I absolutely love your prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh, the bento set you used to advertise this contest is spectacular! I wish I can make something close to that! I am just a beginner in making bento meals.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love all the prizes, CG...and I am definitely entering. My bento may not be as fab as yours and the other contestants, but I just don't wanna miss this awesome and fun contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh mann ich hoffe es geht bis inkl. 20.12., denn ich da ich krank geworden bin, schaff ichs erst morgen mein Foto zu schicken...

    ReplyDelete
  45. @ Satsuki - Hallo Satsuki, Du hast noch ungefähr 24 Stunden ;). Der Wettbewerb endet morgen (20.12.2011) um Mitternacht :). Gute Besserung!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I sent my entry by e-mail! Hopefully it won't get stuck in your Spam folder... ^_^'

    ReplyDelete