CasaBento has generously offered to sponsor this contest and the talented Lia from Bentolicious and the sweet Nami from Just One Cookbook have agreed to help me co-host this event.
- Photo: Take a good, clear picture of your bento.
- Theme: Let your imagination fly :). Can be anything really, it doesn't have to be a charaben either, tradional, modern or whatever kind of style is fine as long as it's a meal in a box/container.
- Description: Please include a description of what you have inside your bento.
- Contact Details: Include your name or nick, e-mail address and the country where you come from to be eligible for the competition. If you have a food blog, you can also post your entry there and send me the link, but you're still expected to e-mail me your photo, description and contact information to enter the contest officially.
- Limit: 1 entry per person
- Send your entry to: Cookinggallery@yahoo.de
- Can everyone (worldwide) participate? YES
- Contest Period: 19th November 2011 - 20th December 2011
- Food Balance: We'll not only look at how cute or pretty your bento is, but also if your bento is well balanced. Let's say, a bit of carb, meat, veggies, fruit, etc instead of just rice with a cute nori face.
- Colour Balance: People would be more attracted to your bento (including us, judges) if your bento doesn't look too dull.
- Creativity: Impress us with your creativity :)!
I chose the following prizes myself. I hope you like them :).
The 1st prize: 1 Totoro bento box, 1 set of Totoro cutlery (chopsticks, spoon and fork), 1 blue thermal bag, 1 Winnie the Pooh pancake pan, 1 set of bento picks, 1 set of mini sauce bottles and 1 set of mini sandwich cutters.
After I have received your photo including the decription and your contact information, I will post your photo in this Flickr group, so that all of you can see all the entries.
I will announce the winners on Tuesday, 27th December 2011.
Good luck everyone :D)!!
You will receive a confirmation e-mail from me that I have received your photo. If you sent me a picture but haven't heard anything from me, please let me know...!!
Another UPDATE :)
This contest is closed. Thank you for participating :)!! There are 60 submissions in total, I didn't expect there would be so many people who would join in the contest, especially because my contest was held at one of the busiest times of the year...^-^.
The slideshow below shows all 60 pictures from the bento contest participants.
I will announce the 3 winners on the 27th of December 2011, so stay tuned :D)! Currently Casabento, Nami, Lia and I are still having a headache - we don't really know which photos to choose because all of you did such a marvelous job with your bento creations...;)!!