Baked Chicken with Thyme and Green Bean Rice

5 comments
I made baked chicken with green bean rice for my dinner a few days ago. As you can see, I've included a calorie counter for the recipe below. But, I by no means would like to show the table below as a nutritional guide at all. I counted the calories myself based on my calorie counter pocket book. It's just a hobby I have recently acquired. The counter below is just for my personal record and for fun truth to be told.



I have also noticed that I have been eating quite unhealthily during the last few years. Too many restaurant visits, too many takeaways, too many sweets and too much snacking in front of the TV and unfortunately, too little fruit and vegetables. By recording what I've eaten per day, I hope I would be able to monitor what I eat and could therefore be more conscious of what I put into my stomach. I was used to eat mostly meat and carbs and forgot my veggies and fruit. It's a wonder that I am not overweight (or maybe not yet...!). Since I certainly do not want to be overweight or get problems with my health one day, I think it's really time that I start to be more responsible for my own sake.



Baked Chicken Drumstick with Thyme and Green Bean Rice

Serves 1

Ingredients

Calories

1 skinless chicken drumstick

75

½ scallions, cut into 5 cm pieces

15

3 dried bird's eye chilli

10??

2 tbs oil

240

10 fresh green beans, cut into 8 cm pieces

20

Brathänchen Gewürzsalz (paprika, rosemary, curry, chili, cinammon, salt) to taste

?

Dried thyme to taste

?

½ cup cooked (short grain) rice

135

2 tbs Worcestershire sauce

40

TOTAL

535 calories per serving


What to do

Baked chicken drumstick
  • Cover the drumstick with 1 tbs oil, dried thyme and Brathähnchen Gewürzsalz.
  • Bake the drumstick for 35 minutes.
Green Bean Rice
  • Heat your skillet with 1 tbs of oil. Add the dried chilies and stir until aromatic.
  • Add green beans, rice, Worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, a dash of Brathähnchen Gewürzsalz and scallions.



Bookmark and Share

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments:

  1. this week i'm gonna eat mostly unhealthy food for dinner, so i'll try to compensate by packing my own "kinda healthy" lunch box :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a really yummy and balanced diet with the chicken, rice and greens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good tasty nutritious combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could I missed out this informative and good inspiration of food blog here! You've all very good recipes and all of them look really delicious! I like the way you arrange your recipe into a table form. Very neat and clear. I'll definite drop by to get some inspiration to cook for my family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So attractive and beautifully green, lovely recipe and photo, wow!

    ReplyDelete