Duck Fried Rice with Cheese :)

20 comments


Yes, I wanted to be rather adventurous when I prepared for my dinner yesterday :). I added shredded smoked cheese as the topping for the duck fried rice - after trying Budae Jjigae (Korean Ramen) with cheese last week and liked it, I thought, why not adding cheese as well now to my fried rice? I have to say, the combination works well, honestly! But of course if you prefer normal, traditional fried rice, you don't have to add shredded cheese on top of your fried rice.

By the way, I used ready-made Peking duck breast which I bought in a local Asian grocery store. If you cannot find ready-made Peking duck breast, you just have to marinade the duck with star anise and cinnamon powder, a bit of soy sauce and sugar before you bake or roast it.

Duck Fried Rice with Shredded Smoked Cheese

Serves 2

1 cup (cooked) long grained rice

210

2 tbs olive oil

240

1 clove garlic, minced

4

3 seeded bird's eye chilies, sliced thinly

15?

100 g roasted duck breast, sliced thinly

341

2 tbs fish sauce

1

2 tbs oyster sauce

1

1 tbs sweet soy sauce

35

½ cup chopped green onions

14

1 medium egg (thin omelet), with 1 tsp oil

125

1 slice smoked cheese, shredded

89

TOTAL

1075 calories


538 calories per serving





What to do:
  • Heat up your wok to high. Add 2 tbs oil.
  • Add minced garlic and chilli slices and fry until the garlic is slightly brown.
  • Add the duck breast and fish sauce and stir fry for 1 minute.
  • Quickly add the rice, oyster sauce and sweet sauce. Stir fry for another 1 minute.
  • Add chopped green onions before serving and mix well.
  • Serve your fried rice with thinly sliced omelet and shredded cheese.


If you wish, you can add tomatoes, cucumber slices and lettuce too!


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

20 comments:

  1. This sounds really special. I like the twist on the cheese on fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delicious! I'll have to see what I can do about getting some duck now...I love it!

    Thanks for the kind words on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my.. looks yum. Loved the way you give the calorie count too.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good... If for me to do it, sure turn out ugly ugly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. duck fried rice! absolutely LOVE the idea! i must try soon ;) sc may not love the cheese, i'll leave the cheese just for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your fried rice looks delicious! Never thought of adding cheese to fried rice before, but have eaten baked rice with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I adore the flavor of rich duck meat, and using it in a fried rice dish is an excellent way to impart that wonderful flavor! I'm glad to see that you're not shy about the bird's eye chili, I love it spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this looks amazing and what a pretty blog you have thanks so much for visiting mine I will enjoy following to learn some new recipes LOL Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, and now I'm officially craving fried rice. Thanks :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fried rice for me is any time. There's nothing more comforting than having a nice plate of fried rice like yours..mmm. Lovely ingredients used. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Everyone - Thank you for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow!! awesome awesome..i love duck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheese with the fried rice? Sounds new to me and I cannot wait to try something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Sarah - I love duck too!:)

    @ Tigerfish - It's new to me too, I was just trying to be a bit more adventurous ;).

    ReplyDelete
  15. With a few alterations I would be on my way to making a vegetable fried rice with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just remember that I still have duck. Hmmmmmmmm love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Pepy - You should try it! It's absolutely worth a try :)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds very interesting using the cheese in it! Thankyou for putting the calorie counts there too, it's such a help! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is making me so hungry! I love fried rice and the cheese is definitely a very creative idea :)

    ReplyDelete