Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

20 comments
Remember the Sanrio-themed cookies I made some time ago? I had extra cookie dough at that time and so I decided to add some choc-chips into the dough. Well, so this was the result... Chocolate chip cookie bars. I guess I made these bars to compensate the failure I had in trying to make some Dark-Chocolate Blondie Bars...;)





Ingredients

  • 200 g sugar
  • 200 g butter
  • 400 g flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbs Vanilla essence
  • Choc-chips
What to do
  • Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and egg together.
  • Sift the flour and continue to stir the dough until mixed well.
  • Add loads of chocolate chips.
  • Spread the dough in a baking tray.
  • Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
  • Cool and cut.


The choc-chip bars fresh from the oven.


Cut into bars.


And serve...!

Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

20 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Now I have a craving for chocolate chip cookies! They look so good. Believe it or not, I actually don't eat that many sweets even though I bake a lot. Just baking the dessert gives me enough satisfaction, so I don't always eat a lot of the things I bake. So my point is, if your cookies make me want to eat some cookies, they are really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Eliana - Thank you :).

    @ Esther - I know what you mean! I don't eat that much sweets either, even though I do crave for them sometimes. I usually use my chance to bake whenever I visit my MIL ;), so she can get my baking "experiments"... ;)! Hehe, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so pretty and chocolatey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esto es maravilloso, esta receta la quiero. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mouthwatering cookies...! first time here...lovely space..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You blog and photos are absolutely stunning. As for these cookie bars, they are the best thing ever!! Y-U-M...the photo looks like I could just reach in through the screen and grab one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is quite like shortbread. I would really love to try it one day and pack it as a gift. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are making me sooo hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sue an unusual way to bake up some chocolate chip cookies, I like! I agree, looking at the recipe, it's like a shortbread or butter cookie version. And I love buttery cookies, will try! Thank. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and delicious, can't go wrong here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha....chocolate always saves everything!! These look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so generous of chocolate chips, great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have BEAUTIFUL blog :-) I really like your blog header , and you know pink is my favorite color!

    very generous in terms of chocolate chips - that's what I love about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...these cookies are packed with chocolate chips. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. never thought of making chocolate chip bars :) they look yummy. they remind me of biscotti but only more chewy. this is a brilliant recreation of the usual round cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this has to be my favorite way to enjoy chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love these bars too! They were one of the first few I made when I first started out baking back in the States. Thank you for bringing back the long forgotten of mine ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made this before it was so addictive! Now, I'm drooling here and want more of these. yumm...
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete