Doesn't this udon soup look very yummy :)? Udon belongs to one of my favourite noodles, I love its chewy texture and shape. Today's udon soup simply reflects the perfect udon soup for me because it contains my favourite toppings, ebi furai (fried panko coated shrimps) and gyoza . It's very simple to make when you have all the toppings ready beforehand, that's why I like to freeze any types of extra dumplings which I make, because they can be very practical for later use such as this one. I didn't make the fried shrimps myself, that's why they look so perfect ;). I bought them in my local Asian store and I only had to fry them- I was surprised that the fried shrimps were very tasty...!
- 200 grams udon noodles
- 2 ebi furai
- 2 gyoza
- 1 soft-yolked egg
- 3 slices of naruto maki (fishcake)
- Blanched asparagus
- 1 piece of Shiitake mushrooms, cooked in soy sauce and a pinch of sugar
- 2 pieces Lotus roots, cooked in soy sauce and a pinch of sugar
- Chopped green onions
- 2-3 teaspoons dashi powder
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 400 ml hot water
- Cook udon noodles according to package instructions.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs mirin, 2 tsp dashi powder.
- When the udon is cooked, add it into the bowl with 400 ml hot water.
- Garnish with 1 soft-yoled egg, 2 ebi furai, 2 gyoza, naruto maki, asparagus, shiitake mushroom, lotus roots and green onions.