Mameshiba & Friends Bento

20 comments


Mameshiba is a Japanese character created in 2008 by Japan's largest marketing agency, Dentsu.

WHAT IS MAMESHIBA?
Mameshiba is a very strange, but very cute, creature that has the body of a bean and the face of a dog. The Mameshiba family is made up of over 20 members (Note: I think, now 25), they have angelic faces and sweet voices, but the stories they tell will spoil any listener’s appetite... For instance, they might surprise you with phrases such as this one: “You know what? When you kiss, 200 million bacteria are passed on from mouth to mouth each second.”
(Source: Curiosite)





The mameshiba I made today are the black bean mameshiba, the purple colour is supposed to be darker, but I didn't want to add too much red cabbage juice to the rice.



I also made two bear-onigiris in suits - but I myself don't know what kind of suit ;).

The left bento box contains chicken teriyaki drumsticks and pan-fried shao mai, and the round bento box at the back contains rucola salad with vinaigrette dressing.




Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

20 comments:

  1. now i want a bean dog friend "°o°"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bear suits are so cuto! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi CG! The Mameshiba's videos are just too cute!!! xD
    Lovely voice they have!
    Now your charabens are getting more and more interesting! Well done CG! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que composición tan maravillosa, una delicia.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Mameshiba are super cute, I like I you did the nose and mouth :-)

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah vielen Dank mir fiel schon seit Tagen der Name dieser Knuddel-Viecher nicht ein XD Sieht aber mal wieder supi aus ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear CG, Those films are so cute! I like mameshiba song that I'm smiling! I hope you're not affected by E coli out break. Be stay healthy and be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the shapes in those radishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, cute! And, the chicken legs look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of Mameshiba! They sure all cute! Your bento is fantastic, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, look at the bento full with goodness and cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I've seen those little characters before..but never knew what they were called. They are very cute indeed! The salad here looks delicious and so do the chicken legs. What recipe for the chicken did you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful :) you did a good job

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow your bento are all so beautiful. A pity that I am not a very devoted mommy or else, my girl will definitely enjoys this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mameshiba's are too cute and your bento are sweet cute and awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for introducing Mameshiba. I didn't know them. I love the second film with the elephant sweat!
    Your Mameshiba are perfect! And the new bento box looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brittany - It's teriyaki sauce, I only used soy sauce, sake, mirin and a bit of sugar. Simple but very very yummy...! Tastes quite similar to BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Call me old, but I am not familiar with mameshiba, CG. I have seen it somewhere but don't know any details. Don't you think we have too many characters? Or that's more incentives for you to create new bento. Haha. Everything looks delicious and what a cute bento box...

    ReplyDelete
  19. i would definately think this bento taste delicious, the chicken looks so tempting!! the mamashiba video clip is funny, i think little kids will love that! so is it a dog ar a bean?? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, this is so cute! I love the little bean dogs! :D

    ReplyDelete