Prawn Cakes and Chasu Bento

16 comments


I made this bento at the weekend, on the same day I made the spicy shoyu ramen, thus the blurry photo...! I actually just bought a 'daylight studio set', but I haven't tried it yet, I hope this will help me make better pictures in the evenings...

This bento was for my husband as he's not very fond of noodle soups. But he still got my ramen toppings, chasu and prawn cakes ;). The recipe of my prawn cakes is exactly the same as the recipe of my mum's shrimp balls, but instead of white bread cubes, I use panko. My husband also had blanched arugula seasoned with soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds, soy-sauce seasoned egg, cherry tomatoes, blanched carrots, slices of cucumber, radish and mandarin.

Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments:

  1. this looks yummy, your prawn cake makes me drools.. cute little daisy you have there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay..so delish... love the corn flower :b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty bento. Love the corn flower :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you use arugula for the corn flower. Such a brilliant idea CG! Shrimp balls look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower is the most original thing I have seen in a bento! It's so cute!
    I have never had blanched rocket, it sounds very unusual. I always mix it with our salad leaves and eat raw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flower, it's beautiful and so elegant! It all looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello ! This bento is very simple and very cute at the same time !! I like it, it looks like spring to me :) Is your egg cooked in soy sauce? I love those !!! Hugs, Kelyrin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that corn flower! You always have interesting new creations for your bentos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious! I would love a serving at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think i might love the chasu too..just like i like my ' char siew'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous looking lunch-box - do you normally have them for lunch, or dinner? Do you find they fill you up a lot? I think I'd be really full after eating this (if I could eat it... I'd feel bad about messing up the decoration :D)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cantik banget, CG *love it*
    Yg di piring kecil it dodol dan coklat yaa *comot ah* :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) So nice of you to make a special bento for your husband! I love the flower made from corn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures of bentos are so colorful.
    I love the shrimp (Prawn) cakes and can eat them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I had all these exotic ingredients to use!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish I could make these; everything look so good and healthy.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete