Crazy Christmas Bunny Bento

17 comments


Finally I had the time to make a Xmas-themed bento, even though it doesn't look too obvious ;). I wanted to make a cute, yawning bunny, but I failed horribly and in the end it looks more like a crazy bunny ;). I spent hours trying to fix his eyes because he always looked so angry - now he looks more presentable for Christmas, before he looked more like a Halloween bunny ;). Sorry for the rather blurry photos, It was already dark by the time I finished making this bento. I had to use artificial lightning to photograph this bento and the result is not very pretty. Look at those horrible looking gyozas... :(!



I used my new bento box from CasaBento. If you're my long time reader, you would have noticed that I have a thing for wooden bento boxes - I think they look gorgeous! This Moriki bento box is my third wooden bento box :).



This bento box has two compartments. The top part is made of plastic and it includes a plastic lid as well.




It has a small food cup inside.



What I like about the food cup is that it's removable.

If you like traditional bento boxes like I do, you should definitely check out CasaBento's site. It has a quite big selection of beautiful traditional bento boxes.



Do you see those sunflower food picks? I made them myself :)! Aren't they gorgeous? They're extremely easy to make, you just need your favourite stickers and some toothpicks.

Bunny Onigri
  • Rice
  • Ground toasted black sesame seeds - to make the black spots
  • Eyes: cheese and nori
  • Nose: nori and ground sesame seeds
  • Whiskers: cellophane noodles
  • Mouth: ham
  • Teeth: cheese
  • Red hat: mini red pepper
This crazy bunny simply couldn't wait to try the delicious mapo tofu which I made for lunch today :).

Happy Holidays, everyone :)!


BENTO CONTEST


If you participated in my bento contest, you can read an update regarding the contest over here: Bento Contest. I'd like to thank everyone who had participated. There're 60 entries in total and they're all amazing, we'd have a hard time picking out the winners...!!

Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments:

  1. You made your sunflower picker! You are very pro with your bento cooking!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family. And happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know - the gyozas still look pretty darn nice! So cute that you had to spend ages "fixing" bunny :D Psycho scary bunny eats small children for Christmas :D - He looks very friendly now :)

    ... and yeah! Your wooden bento box is beautiful... I often wonder - how many bento boxes do you have actually? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! Your sunflower picks are very cute and creative. I am just so impressed with your artistic skills every time! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi CG, very pretty! Merry Xmas to u :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks ready to welcome Christmas...
    Happy holiday for you and family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh ist das süß, dachte zwar erst es wäre eine Katze, ist aber zuckersüß^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You are always creating. Happy Holidays!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bunny doesn't look crazy, but as if he was already partying ;-) I love the way you transformed it. It's very original now! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute and lovely Xmas bento box!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that wooden bento box, and the rabbit is super, you are getting better and better at making faces and expressions!

    Merry Xmas
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thats such a cute bento :-)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas CG! I can totally understand why it took long time to make eyes that express the right feelings... I think eyes expression is very important and hard part. At the end you made it really nicely! Merry Christmas and can't wait to see the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CG, I hope you had a great Christmas. I like all your bentos. This one looks so cute too. I like the surprize look on bunny's face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute bento set and happy hols to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bento box, but the content of the box is even better :-). So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woah, this Christmas Bento is very cool ! I understand how hard I must have been for the eyes, it's so difficult to make beautiful eyes and smiles, just a little thing and the expression can be totally different ! But I think it looks very funny in the end !! I was wondering how you managed to take SUCH a beautiful picture with artificial lightning. It's clear, white, and bright !

    ReplyDelete