Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Olives and Pepperoncini

8 comments
Spaghetti Aglio Olio - I never thought that I would like this dish: Just a pasta dish seasoned with olive oil, sauteed garlic, basil/parsley and chili flakes. No meat, I thought! I have always liked my meat and was very sure that this dish would be quite tasteless for me. But then one day, my husband ordered this pasta from a delivery service. I was not that happy when I got it for my dinner. But after one hesitant bite I knew that I had been missing out something so delectable. It was so good! After this occasion, I had always wanted to recreate this dish at home. Finally I decided to do so last week and I added other ingredients which I thought would somehow fit this dish, olives and pepperoncini peppers.




Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Olives and Pepperoncini

Serves 1

100 g Spaghetti

148

2 tbs olive oil

240

1 clove garlic, minced

4

1 seeded bird's eye chilli, sliced thinly

5?

1 tsp Maggi vegetable granules

6

2 tsp dried basil

4

10 olives

70

1 pepperoncini, sliced thinly

3

Black Pepper to taste

?

TOTAL

480 calories per serving


What to do
  • Heat olive oil on medium heat.
  • Add minced garlic and chilli slices. Sauté until fragrant.
  • Toss in the spaghetti, olives, pepperonici, Maggi granules and dried basil. Sauté for about 1 minute.
  • Serve immediately with a good grind of black pepper and Parmesan cheese (optional).





Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

8 comments:

  1. wow! This looks incredibly good. I sure see what you mean by wondering how pasta would taste without meat.. I would have done the same. Mentioning this also helps me believe that without meat this dish is still great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best dishes always contain the most simple ingredients. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nostalgia - I guess quite a lot of people are too meat-centred (including me ;)) and because of this we sometimes miss out other dishes which can be as good or even better.

    @ Pepy - Me too :).

    @ Steve - You're absolutely right. I tend to forget this sometimes. Simple ingredients don't always mean bland food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gua selalu ragu kalo mau pake olives...enak ga sih? dulu pernah nyoba asem2 gitu...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kartika - Aku sebenernya juga bukan penggemar olives, tapi kalo untuk pasta ato salad, menurutku sih lumayan cocok kok. Kalo mau coba dikit2 dulu aja. Tapi tergantung taste juga ya, kalo gak suka, ya mo gimana ya..;)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting dish, so simple and so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good and with such simple ingredients! My son was just telling me about this dish yesterday! i think I am going to ask him to cook it for me:D

    ReplyDelete