Hello Kitty Kaburinbo Bento

23 comments

Hello everyone...! Here I am again with another bento lunch :D)! Ever since I have started working, I've learned to appreciate my weekends much much more, because the weekends are always over too quickly...

Anyway, I was inspired to make today's bento after I saw a few Hello Kitty in other Sanrio character suits pictures here. I am actually not a fan of Hello Kitty, but I love seeing her in different cute suits and her facial features are quite simple to make too.



The Hello Kitty on the left is wearing a Keroppi suit. The green suit is made out of eggsheet coloured with a drop of green food colouring. The eggsheet recipe can be found here. The Keroppi's eyes are made out of mozzarella cheese and nori.

 

Keroppi lives with his brother, sister and parents in a big house on the edge of Donut Pond, the largest and bluest pond around. Keroppi and his friends share his love for baseball and boomerangs. Most often he is seen with his little snail friend Den Den, always tagging along a little behind.
(Source: Sanrio.com)


The Hello Kitty on the left is wearing a Kuromi suit. Well, it doesn't really look like Kuromi, but anyway, I think it's not that bad... The suit is made out of nori and Kuromi's facial features are made out of cheese, nori and pink eggsheet.


My Melody’s friendly rival is a tomboy who loves making mischief and causing trouble! Although she may look tough, she is actually very girly and is attracted to good-looking guys! Kuromi enjoys writing in her diary and is hooked on romantic short-stories. Her favorite colour is black and her favorite food is shallots. Fittingly, her birthday is October 31st.
(Source: Sanrio.com)



Both Hello Kitty onigiris are filled with chicken teriyaki and mayo. There are also two slices of okonomiyaki in the bento box:).

For today's song I've chosen 'Green' by Ayumi Hamasaki. To be honest, I don't really like her voice very much and I only like a few of her songs. But her music videos are often very well-made, just like this one. Enjoy...:)!



Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

23 comments:

  1. another amazing bento,very, very creative!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CG, it' so cute...love this one hehehehe ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really love your bentos don't you? All so beautifully done and careful details were given to each one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que maravilla, esto es una obra de arte.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to dislike hello kitty but now i cant get enough of it! my sis loved kero keroppi very much...love the cross over :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Wish i have the patience to do this. Hehe! Miss your noodles posts ah! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Keroppi is awesome :) So cuto! Loved the music video too. Fabulous production

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely Bento! ^^ And thanks for the great musical entertainment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fan-ta-stic! I love kerokeroppi and you did those eyes so well, so full of expression! made me smile :-)

    Thank you
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das ist ja komisch XD Korokke sind doch schnell gemacht, da sind deine Sachen doch aufwendiger ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really ought to write a book you know. This is another winner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My nieces would squeal over this bento. They love Hello Kitty anything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Alison - Thanks, Alison :)

    @ Oen - Hehe, I think a lot of people somehow love Hello Kitty :)!

    @ Jose Manuel - Gracias!!

    @ Lani - Thanks Lani :)

    @ Rita - I am not very into HK, but I still find it quite adorable ;). Keroppi used to my fav childhood Sanrio character...!

    @ Maameemoomoo - I am sure you can do the same since you're such a talented cook! Hey, I will post about noodles again soon enough because I can't live without noodles ;)!

    @ Parsley Sage - Glad you like the music video, I also think it's awesome :D)!

    @ Minnieh - Happy that you enjoyed the 'musical entertainment' too :)!!

    @ Alessandra - Thanks, Alessandra, the eyes are actually simply mozzarella cheese which I cut out using a decorating tip. And the eyeballs are made out nori.

    @ Satsuki - Ich weiss, dass es komisch ist...! Ich weiss auch nicht warum XD)!

    @ WIzzyTheStick - Thank you for the compliment...! Having my own bento book sounds like a dream ;)! It would nice if one day I could write a bento book, but I need a publishing company that is willing to sponsor me...;). I guess it's still going to take ages ;)!

    @ Yummychunklet - I am always amazed to see how many people love Hello Kitty ;)! Well, yes, she's cute, but I never understand why she's the most popular Sanrio character ;).

    ReplyDelete
  14. omgg hello kitty in a keroppi costume! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, you made a Keroppi frog! :D My very first lunch box (bento box, if you want) I had in elementary school had a Keroppi frog design, because I loved frogs as a child.

    I really like the song and the video, thank you for sharing! I agree that her voice is a little special, but I like it. And I think she's very pretty. I'm always astonished by the potential of beauty in Asian people, and maybe Japanese especially.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not a Hello Kitty fan either, but become a fan of all the characters as soon as I see them in your bentos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhhhh sooo cute! this reminds me of those little sanrio dolls i used to adore when i was little!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Sugarpuff - Thanks :)!

    @ Kath - Keroppi used to be my favourite Sanrio character :D)!! And I am glad you like the song/video. She is indeed pretty in this video, I always like the 20s, 30s style, because it looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ Sissi - Aww...You're so sweet, Sissi :)!!

    @ Junia - Glad you like it, Junia :). I used to buy a lot of Sanrio stationary products when I was younger. I would do the same now, I just cannot find so many of them here...;).

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is WAY TOO CUTE! I haven't seen Keroppi for a long time and now when I think of it, thanks to your lovely bento everyday, I start to remember all my memories of characters that I used to like when I was in school. It's so cool you can "remake" these characters and they are almost real, and they are made of food! Amazing CG...!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sooo cute! You're so good at making these characters! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. kawaiiiii !!!! J'adore votre travail !!! excellent !! well done!!!

    ReplyDelete