Kakiage Bento

9 comments


I made Kakiage bento today. Kakiage is a kind of mixed tempura - you can use various vegetables and seafood which later would be dipped into tempura batter before deep-frying. I had never eaten kakiage until yesterday when I saw a kakiage bento being sold in Maruyasu - a sushi chain restaurant in Frankfurt. I enjoyed the bento so much that I promised myself to make kakiage the next day for lunch :). So here it is... I got the recipe from Nami's wonderful website - which is full with delicious Japanese recipes.

The bento box contains steamed rice topped with furikake and umeboshi, cocktail shrimps, fried breaded-shrimps, kakiage and salad.

Do you notice anything special from my bento photos today :) :) :)?



You don't notice it? Look again!
.
.
.
.
.

Yes, it's the mug...!! The mug with my badge, isn't it cool :)?


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments:

  1. Ah you did a mug! Any other object with your log? So cute!

    I love kakiage, and my kids do too, we all love tempura!

    Happy Sunday
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many ways to improve your cooking skills: reading great cookbooks, taking cooking classes and good old-fashioned practice in the kitchen are traditional methods. However, these days, online cooking recipe videos are another excellent resource for aspiring chefs. Here is how to get the most from the online healthy recipes and cooking videos you encounter http://www.gourmetrecipe.com - Gourmet Recipe is the place to find the tastiest, healthiest gourmet recipes. Watch videos of great chefs preparing meals, find easy beginner dishes, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow du hast dich mal wieder selbst übertroffen, das sieht einfach köstlich aus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello !!! No Charaben for today, but it is still a very beautiful bento !! I love tempura but I haven't made any yet. But I didn't quite understand what is Kakiage. Is it the thing on the top left of the box ?? I LOVE your mug by the way !!!!!! Did you order it from one of those websites where you can choose the picture you want for your mug ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. your family is very very lucky to have beautiful dishes laid before them every day. Do you want to adopt a very old daughter here ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cup! The food looks so appetizing. I am now craving these breaded and fried shrimps!

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I immediately noticed your mug cup, CG! I like it a lot! Thanks for trying my Kakiage recipe. I wish this is my lunch today...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never made kakiage, but I have been meaning to do it for ages. It looks yummy. The mug is cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete