Pink Sakura Bento

11 comments


I am getting crazy with designing my own mugs ;)! This time I hand-painted the picture with water colour, colouring pencils and markers before the picture was printed on the mug. I think this mug looks sort of better than my previous ones (which you can see here and here) because hand-painting allows me more freedom on the design.

Today's bento is quite simple: the steamed rice is topped with furikake (dried perilla leaves with plums), garden cress and radish sakura flowers. Next to the rice there are slices of roasted duck with paprika sauce and half a cherry tomato.

The bento box on the left contains stir-fried string beans, mini paprika filled with goat cheese, radish kimchi, cherry tomatoes, ham flower and two pieces of Babybel cheese.




Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments:

  1. Oh, your mug is simply gorgeous! I never knew that you can also use handpainted designs for printing on mugs. That is a really cool idea!
    And your bento looks stunning. I love this radish sakura flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a dream bento, so beautiful and magical! I love your lovely painted mug as well! Amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mugs look better and better all the time! And I love the bento with the sakura radishes :-).

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. CG, I must say I see these bentos like a new style here! They are more... artistic! The mug is as cute as previous ones, but I must admit it's more elaborate and more difficult to copy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mug looks beautiful and very professional! Also, your sakura bento makes me look forward to spring sooo much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do painting too? You`re absolutely an artist, CG! I wish I could send my boring mugs to you so that you could hand-paint and made them more lovely like yours :

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! ^^ I absolutely adore all of your bentos - I hope you know that! I need to try that sakura trick! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't been here for a while! Lovely bento as usual! You're always so creative, CG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so pretty Sin! I love this kind of 'adult' bento. You arranged everything so well in those 2-tiers box :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That furikake is all times my favorite! Such a cute bento! Love your work on colors.

    ReplyDelete