Funny Creatures Bento

12 comments


I received a new bento box from CasaBento today. I used to order another bento box with the same sakura pattern several months ago since I find this pink sakura pattern simply beautiful! If you have been following my blog for some time, you might have noticed that the prize for the second winner of my previous bento competition was a set of bento boxes, chopsticks and a matching bento bag with this yume sakura pattern.



This bento box comes with a matching, elegant bento bag (my first one...:)!!) and an elastic band...



and has two quite roomy compartments.




This box is gorgeous, isn't it? I simply couldn't resist not to make any bentos after seeing it!





I named today's bento 'Funny Creatures Bento', because I myself am not sure what kind of little animals those are ;) - I only wanted to make something quick but different from the characters I have made so far.

The bear-like creatures are made out of soy sauce-seasoned rice which I shaped into balls with a plastic wrap. The ears and noses are black olives and the eyes and mouths are nori and cheese cutouts.

The side dishes include two pieces of tamagoyaki, soy-sauce glazed pork nuggets, two cherry tomatoes decorated with cheese flowers and two fried breaded shrimps.

The purple drink is taro bubble tea, raise your hand if you adore bubble tea too :D :D)!! I am so happy that bubble tea is getting more and more popular in Germany, the last time I was in Frankfurt (which was a few days ago), I saw two bubble tea stores. After doing some research, there are now apparently even 4 or 5 bubble tea stores in Frankfurt. For people who live in Asia, Australia and the US, four or five bubble tea stores might sound like a joke, but for Germany, it's a lot...! Until a few years ago, bubble tea stores were non-existent here and I did moan a lot about it in my very early blog post about bubble tea ;).



Until next time...:)!

Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

12 comments:

  1. Hier - ich liebe Bubble Tea :) Sogar in unserer Kleinstadt hat so ein Shop aufgemacht, echt toll.

    Deine Tierchen sind sicher Bären.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! i would eat everything if I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bento looks simply delicious and mouthwatering.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet bento, as always, and the bento box with the matching bag is beautiful!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute creatures, they are adorable! I love that beautiful bento box and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute and pretty bento as always..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I just love your artistic bento creations, as well as your photo styling. Raising my hand for boba tea too; and I like the taro flavor with custard pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love boba too! Such a cute bento, CG! I love this bento box.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ow...would love to get this bento from you haha..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your new bento box and also the branches with the cherry blossoms. It just perfectly captures the essence of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love charaben, yours are adorable! They look like little koala bears to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pretty bento box and the panda (I think they look like panda) rice balls. It's 10:30 in the evening and I'm getting really hungry. So cute!

    ReplyDelete