Pork Chop & Beef Steak with Mushroom Sauce

7 comments


What a change, no bento today...;)!! Well, I have sort of missed posting 'normal' foods in my blog. The last time I posted a non-bento post here was about 2 months ago.

Steak with salad and fries are one of my husband's comfort foods, I think I made him really happy by making this luxurious portion for his lunch - thanks to Charles from Five Euro Food, who gave me the idea to make this meal for my husband :). I also used his recipe for the mushroom sauce, but I didn't blend the sauce since I don't have a hand blender - my mushroom sauce also looks much browner than Charles's because I used the pan juices from the pork chop and beef steak to sauté the onion and mushrooms, but it still tasted wonderful...! Thanks, Charles :)!

Mushrooms and Onion Steak Sauce
  • 150ml heavy cream
  • 2 large mushrooms
  • 1 onion
  • Juice from 1 lemon (about 4tbsps)
  • 3-4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 25g butter - * I used pan juices from the pork chop and steak
  • Salt and pepper to taste




If you're wondering where the mushroom sauce is, it's the brown thing inside the little metal cup. Next to the mushroom sauce, there is also Tzaziki sauce.


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments:

  1. Aah, pork chop AND beef steak! That's a real meat-lover's feast right there! Love the idea of serving with the tzatziki as well - that must have been great for dipping the fries :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, completely forgot as well - glad you liked the sauce as well - what a great idea to use the pan sauces - I'll have to give that a try myself! Thanks for the shout-out CG :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pork chop! I wish my 'normal' foods are like that. Looks so fancy and delicious. Great cook Sin! (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. No bento but still look very pretty. The presentation makes the food much more appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CG you don't need a bento box to serve Yiur dish because you made wonderful dish just like how you make bento. Charles' steak looks so great. I need to buy the meat

    ReplyDelete
  6. No bento, but the presentation is as cute as always. I will really have to try Charles's mushroom sauce! Your pan juice's use is an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. was wondering what you put on the cucumbers and carrot that are on the plate with the steak? looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete